Ridiculously pedestrian deep soul 45 identification

carnivalthudcarnivalthud 7 Posts
edited August 2010 in Strut Central
I really should, and usually do, know this, at least with the internet helping me out. But I'm coming up short and need the title (not the $$$$ record, or soundfiles) for something I'm working on.

Deep soul ballad, was on a Dutch comp with awful neon-green cover, starts with some plucked strings that would be right at home in a good Gangstarr song, stops a beat and then the guy comes in wailing. Something like "Send her back" or "bring her back". Then he spends the rest of the song sounding like he's having a nervous breakdown. It's past deep soul and into psychotic.

This is not a trick question. I'm just an idiot. Thanks!

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

• There it is. Thank you. The problem on my end was forgetting that the first line wasn't the title. I do that a lot these days.

great two-sider( tm) - a nice fellow as well - a retiree of our local Fords Motor Corp

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    carnivalthud said:
    I really should, and usually do, know this, at least with the internet helping me out. But I'm coming up short and need the title (not the $$$$ record, or soundfiles) for something I'm working on.

Deep soul ballad, was on a Dutch comp with awful neon-green cover, starts with some plucked strings that would be right at home in a good Gangstarr song, stops a beat and then the guy comes in wailing. Something like "Send her back" or "bring her back". Then he spends the rest of the song sounding like he's having a nervous breakdown. It's past deep soul and into psychotic.

This is not a trick question. I'm just an idiot. Thanks!

I'm not sure a $600+ 7" can be described as "pedestrian" (maybe in sound but it's not like this is dollar bin common).

Good shit though. Thanks Soulhawk.

• I was under the impression it was a fairly well-known obscure 45.

Let's try that again. I was under the impression that no one in their right mind would need to ask for an ID on this one.

Go Fever!

the deep side is known, but not exactly well known - for a very difficult to obtain raer 45 that is

the R&B stomper flip 'Mojo Man' is better known really

I mean, it's just a deep flip as far as the northern guys go I guess

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Dudes fell into the White Knight Ego Trap.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    For those of us who came in late...again, WHAT single was being referred to?

The photo originally posted has turned into a red "x" (please don't post another pic, just write it out - thanks!).

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    pickwick33 said:

The photo originally posted has turned into a red "x" (please don't post another pic, just write it out - thanks!).

It wasn't a photo, it was a youtube clip, and you are just one of the many many many people (like me) who can't see a good half of the youtube clips posted. I'm not sure why some show up and others don't, but if you ever really want to see what one is, just click on "quote post" and then click on "preview" for your quoted post, and you will see the clip. For some reason even stranger than them not showing up in the first place, when they are "quoted" you can see them.

you can see this below, right?

Soulhawk said:

luck said:
    Dudes fell into the White Knight Ego Trap.

huh?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:
    pickwick33 said:

It wasn't a photo, it was a youtube clip, and you are just one of the many many many people (like me) who can't see a good half of the youtube clips posted. I'm not sure why some show up and others don't, but if you ever really want to see what one is, just click on "quote post" and then click on "preview" for your quoted post, and you will see the clip. For some reason even stranger than them not showing up in the first place, when they are "quoted" you can see them.

you can see this below, right?

Soulhawk said:

Yes, I can see that it is "I'm Lonely" by Nelson Sanders - thanks!