reply to the scratch thread

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
"I started this school because I noticed that a lot of DJ???s don't know how to DJ,"
Fuck 'em. They should learn on the streets like everyone else. Scratch just looking for some extra scratch. Sorry, it got deleted. Was it spam??? We need a spam gremlin.

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    DJ Scratch, longtime DJ for EPMD and general turntable wizard, has launched a turntable school to help up and coming DJ's with the art of scratching.

The School of the Turntable Arts (SOTA) officially opened its doors earlier this year, to teach new DJ's the art of mixing and scratching.

"I started this school because I noticed that a lot of DJ???s don't know how to DJ," DJ Scratch told AllHipHop.com. ???I am actually teaching the class. I will be teaching legendary skills that so many veteran DJ???s use to this day, but I also am giving credit where credit is due and teaching them history as well. Everyone needs to know who the pioneers are that perfected this art [turntabling]."

In addition to starting the SOTA, DJ Scratch is also working on a documentary about his 20 plus years behind the turntables.

???So Whatcha Sayin'??? is titled after EPMD???s classic 1989 hit and is a full length DVD documentary that narrates his life and those that Scratch has worked with over the years.

Interviews with Busta Rhymes, Jay-Z, Redman, EPMD, Big Daddy Kane and others are featured on the DVD.

For more information about the School of the Turntable Arts log onto www.djscratch.com

• pioneers that perfected this art [turntabling]."
    Last week I was turntabling at this club, playing an oldskool track by Black Rob. Someone asked me what was playing, and I was all, respect the pioneer, son.

no disrespect to DJ Scratch

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    And actually like Shadow, he is one of the nicest people you could meet.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    And actually like Shadow, he is one of the nicest people you could meet.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    They should learn on the streets like everyone else.

Quick poll:

How many DJs here learned how to scratch "on the streets"?

"I'll pass on the crab scratch, but how much for a quickie transform?"

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• They should learn on the streets like everyone else.

Quick poll:

Right Here

• Not me. It was a joke because that's what we used to say when break dancing classes started springing up at ballet studios in the 80s.