Mad Men Season 4

dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
edited July 2010 in Strut Central
I can't find the thread for season 3 so I thought I'd go ahead and start a new thread for season 4 which starts this Sunday. Will the wacky misadventures of the Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Advertising Agency be as compelling as the first three seasons? Judging by the amount of leering posts about Christina Hendricks here, people will be happy to see the return of Joan to the office.

Comments

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I have high hopes, and I'm glad they're mixing it up, although I'm not looking forward to more of Betty's new dude. The previews I've seen aren't revealing much at this point, so it seems pretty early to be passing judgment.

Can someone refresh my memory, did anyone get left behind at Sterling Cooper? Pete? Harry? The dude who's always holding the pipe and rocking the smoking jacket (kinsey? )

Kinda feels like this shows been off the air for like a decade..

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I read something in Entertainment Weekly that makes it sound like they are kind of fumbling as they get started (the agency, not the show). Something about lying to the press about occupying two floors of their building when they only have one. Lying to clients, etc. Also said that Betty's new world is less than ideal. I guess those are all to be expected. I just laughed about the lying to the press about having two floors thing.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Unherd said:

Can someone refresh my memory, did anyone get left behind at Sterling Cooper? Pete? Harry? The dude who's always holding the pipe and rocking the smoking jacket (kinsey? )

As of last season's finale (which you can watch on the AMC web site) the only people who made came over with Sterling Cooper Draper and Pryce are Peggy, Pete, Harry and Joan. Kinsey and his beard and pipe were left behind at Sterling Cooper, along with Kenny Cosgrove and his hair, and Moneypenny and the rest of the secretaries. I hope we see Pete's secretary Hildy move over because I think she's cute.