coming to America

alanmckalanmck 12 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
is a film with eddie murphy. it is also something that i'll be doing next week. 21-25 April i will be in new york and i want to buy records. any recommendations on where to buy?

it's been over 3 years since i was last there, and all i remember from that trip are A1 and TSL.

where else is worth a look?

thanks.

Comments

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    Flea markets in Greenwich and East Village?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    is a film with eddie murphy. it is also something that i'll be doing next week. 21-25 April i will be in new york and i want to buy records. any recommendations on where to buy?

it's been over 3 years since i was last there, and all i remember from that trip are A1 and TSL.

where else is worth a look?

thanks.

Check King George's storefront in the lower east side, i think it's allen and delancey or is it essex and delancy... you'll find it.

Also, check Academy in the village as well as their Williamsburg location. You might also swing by Final Vinyl while making the rounds in the village to see what Bob's got on his platter.

and as mentioned, the fleas will be in full effect. i miss 'em myself.

good luck.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    King George's is Essex & Rivington I believe. But he makes his money by hyping so-so records while blasting them in store, then when you want it, he hits you with the price. Not me, but heard this scene play out next to me once or twice.

AlanMck check for a pm.