BBE British Bootlegging Enterprises

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Frank carries on his own shoulders the burden of succumbing to his own national stereotypical arrogance.

what strikes me as funny about this statement is that it comes from a Brit...and when it comes to music, the British are the originators and masters of the discovery=creation mindset.

Nationalistic pissing contest...on your mark, get set, go!

• FrankFrank 2,444 Posts

Frank carries on his own shoulders the burden of succumbing to his own national stereotypical arrogance.

what strikes me as funny about this statement is that it comes from a Brit...and when it comes to music, the British are the originators and masters of the discovery=creation mindset.

They also were main players in the African slave trade.

They're responsible for all the unrest in Nigeria for creating a way too big country. At least that's how every Nigerian I have ever met thinks about this.

The traces of British colonialism are still omnipresent in all english speaking African countries I have visited.

But I haven't yet heard what exactly he meant with his comment and somehow he's not communicating anymore.

And this after asking for a public outcry against my despicable activities.

Maybe he has a little bit of french in him as well and even though to everybody else it looks like running away he feels lie he's attacking. God bless the children and their blissful ignorance

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,921 Posts
    Beautiful thread.

All of you dudes who've ridden Frank's dick very hard these past years share blame in helping build his hubris to this clusterfuck of a situation.

All of us who haven't taken the opportunity either to fully question his activity, or to chastise his star-struck knob-jockey followers when warranted share blame too.

All the involved parties must remember the thrill of hearing a killer track for the first time, which one assumes is what brought them into the game to start with.
    Now they're tumescent over who has the tightest case in a court of law over someone else's artistic endeavours, or who gets the most dollar for pimping their record collection out to faceless punters in the club.

FWIW, the fawning over African funk and disco is on some emperor's new clothes tip IMHO.

What about those of us who don't feel it necessary to adopt a position either way? Where does that leave us?

Mind you, I suppose every Punch and Judy show needs its audience.

• FrankFrank 2,444 Posts

It appears that my British friend has kidney stones and can't partake

• mannybolonemannybolone 15,032 Posts
    1) Is there a nation that has not been accused of being arrogant? I'm just trying to think of what societies are typically stereotyped as being "humble" and I'm drawing a blank.

2) Skel's post re-affirms what I said a few weeks ago (also in reference to a Skel post): the Brits have given the world many great things but I rank their profanity up there with at least the Magna Carta.

3) A new soulstrut truism: Hell hath no fury like Frank scorned.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    tumescent

becoming swollen; swelling (pause)

i pride myself on an above average vocabulary...this is the first time the strut sent me scrambling for the dictionary.props to you. check out www.freerice.com fun site that is basically a vocabulary game.

tumescent

becoming swollen; swelling (pause)

i pride myself on an above average vocabulary...this is the first time the strut sent me scrambling for the dictionary.props to you. check out www.freerice.com fun site that is basically a vocabulary game.

"Tumescent" is probably a word you'd encounter reading a Philip Roth sex scene. Though, actually, more like in a Nora Roberts novel.

this thread = not classy

cmon son...how many classy people you met in the record game???
    this thread is awesome!!!!

• FrankFrank 2,444 Posts
    1) Is there a nation that has not been accused of being arrogant? I'm just trying to think of what societies are typically stereotyped as being "humble" and I'm drawing a blank.

Easy to answer:

Most third world countries.

Western visitors return from cheap vacations in other people's misery and say shit like "oh I couldn't believe how friendly these people were, so friendly and humble. But the poverty, oh my god, I felt so bad having to see all that" African airports are full of them. Many of them British by the way. The conversations I had to overhear at various hotels and on planes almost made me puke.

But hey got damn it, Skel, where aret though?
    Showeth no fear and Cometh here to chastise me!

to be fair to frank and germans and all related stereotypes, i think is something about the harsh inflections of the spoken german word that make them come off as aggressive, arrogant and ready to bite you in the neck.

im not quite sure how my theory carries over to german's posting on message boards...but frank definitely isnt showing his soft side!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

This thread is like a WWE Battle Royal!!! The gloves are off.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• FrankFrank 2,444 Posts
    to be fair to frank and germans and all related stereotypes, i think is something about the harsh inflections of the spoken german word that make them come off as aggressive, arrogant and ready to bite you in the neck.

im not quite sure how my theory carries over to german's posting on message boards...but frank definitely isnt showing his soft side!

I should post spoken word mp3s to give you all the benefit of my harsh kraut accent. Shit would be twice as menacing.

• Soulstrut mans up at last. All that modern soul making you light in your loafers

I'd love to know how many lurkers are watching this thread right now. It's well on the way to 3000 views already.

• FrankFrank 2,444 Posts
    Now bring it on Skel where are you all hiding.

And Amir, go ahead and give me that back story on my ass.

To the tool who's anonymously posting comments on my blog:

I like to know who I'm talking to so bring your business here, you said you're watching... step in the ring and show me what you're made of!

for real!!
    i gotta give props to frank, kon and amir for just being straight up with each other (at least on this thread). i hope yall can have a beer together someday soon and just agree that this was some crazy work related shit and all the personal stuff just made it more memorable. no ones perfect, everyone has their shady moments, and capitalism is a mother, brothers

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    for real!!
    i gotta give props to frank, kon and amir for just being straight up with each other (at least on this thread). i hope yall can have a beer together someday soon and just agree that this was some crazy work related shit and all the personal stuff just made it more memorable. no ones perfect, everyone has their shady moments, and capitalism is a mother, brothers[/b]

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Now bring it on motherfuckers where are you all hiding.

To the tool who's anonymously posting comments on my blog:

I like to know who I'm talking to so bring your business here, you sad you're watching... step in the ring and show me what you're made of!

i think this is the krautaccent mp3 post

and i dont like disco that much, but that song was pretty great

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I don't like disco at all but I might buy the inferno comp so I can be reminded of this awesome thread everytime I see it in the crates!

"fucking awesome thread for such a watery backslapping pussy ass forum"

• i am a boutique digger???? lol!!! funny ass shit dude! first, i have been digging for more than 26 years. second, i have been digging in places your imperialistic ass would NEVER go. third, i have "paid" my dues in regard to digging so i have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. lastly, if i wanna shop at good records, big city records, or anywhere else so fucking what!!! plus, kon and i have been releasing shit for 13 years. what were you doing during that time??? oh yeah, like you told me you were into punk rock records!! you sitting in your lil german town or where ever. those are the homies!!!

just because you tell everyone that you "dig" in africa and have all these pics of it don't mean you are more authentic that I am. get over yourself...

in terms of off track v. 3, it is a bootleg because we didn't get the right license rights from you? you, the person who sold me the record and offered to help me find doris...to then turn around and stonewall bbe from finding the right license rights because all of sudden you wanna enter my world?? listen clown, stay in your fucking lane. whatever the outcome of this, karma is an equalizer!!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    squashed beef style.

Which will then become the next Bay Area food craze.

HAH! Take that for completing a Soulstrut cipher!

I literally LOLed. Nice one, B!

We might have a bit of a wait for that beer, guys.

• Don't want to stand up for anybody here, but that whole "diggers exploiting third world patrimony without giving money back like it shoud be" tirade is ridiculous and hypocritical as hell. Every in-the-field diggers have one day or another faced the fact to take advantage of people selling records for no good reasons. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the kind of behaviour like on high fidelity movie scene with the woman former husband collection don't reflect the reality AT ALL, 99% of us would bought all of the collection for cheap in an instant, no matter where you are on the planet.
    Don't start with this all of you or it would just show how racist and colonialist-minded you are, by differentiating poor/average people from Africa and the same from your own country..

• FrankFrank 2,444 Posts
    plus, kon and i have been releasing shit for 13 years. what were you doing during that time??? oh yeah, like you told me you were into punk rock records!! you sitting in your lil german town or where ever.

13 years ago... let's see.
    In 1997 I was running two weekly nights in NYC and a monthly in Philly.
    All threee gigs I held for all of my 4 years in NYC from '96-'00

15 tears ago I sourced the first re-issue.
    This was the Vampyros Lesbos Sountrack that easily sold a couple of times the total number of all your releases combined.

I had turned my friend from the record label onto the music, sourced the owner of the master tapes and introduced them to each other. I did two tours of highly successful release parties for this release all over Europe before moving from berlin to NYC in 1996.

The record was sub-licensed to Motel records for US distribution a year later, I'm sure it's been in all the record stores you were "digging" around back then.

you sitting in your lil german town or where ever. those are the homies!!!

I moved away from my hometown in the beautiful Black Forest almost 20 years ago. I still have fond memories of this time and don't feel any shame of it.

Do you feel you need to be proud of your birthplace and think that puts you above someone else? That's sad.

I never claimed to be a "homie" whatever that means.

i am a boutique digger???? lol!!! funny ass shit dude! first, i have been digging for more than 26 years. second, i have been digging in places your imperialistic ass would NEVER go. third, i have "paid" my dues in regard to digging so i have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

Entertain us and let us know where you "dug up" your contributions to your record.
    I'd say they were all bought in boutique record stores. Most of them were there in consignment from my agent who your partner referred to when he said "fuck your agent".

Fact.

listen clown, stay in your fucking lane. whatever the outcome of this, karma is an equalizer!!!

That's the spirit!

Clown is a new one, great, not sure if it's an advancement from asshole or muppet but I take whatever I can get.

Now where is that "whole back story" you have on "my ass"?
    Remember in your first post when you said:

trust me, i got the whole back story on ya ass!!!

I don't think we ever got that intimate but sometimes I get drunk and the next morning I forgot who I allowed to kiss it.

Let's find a gentleman's agreement here:
    I stay in my lane and you stay on the side walk so you don't get run over.

• jaymackjaymack 5,198 Posts
    i never would of seen this awesome thread if it wasnt for okayplayer. thread is spreading like hot fire

plus, kon and i have been releasing shit for 13 years. what were you doing during that time??? oh yeah, like you told me you were into punk rock records!! you sitting in your lil german town or where ever.

13 years ago... let's see.
    In 1997 I was running two weekly nights in NYC and a monthly in Philly.
    All threee gigs I held for all of my 4 years in NYC from '96-'00

15 tears ago I sourced the first re-issue.
    This was the Vampyros Lesbos Sountrack that easily sold a couple of times the total number of all your releases combined.

I had turned my friend from the record label onto the music, sourced the owner of the master tapes and introduced them to eaach other. I did two tours of highly successful release parties for this release all over Europe.

The record was sub-licensed to Motel records for US distribution a year later, I'm sure it's been in all the record stores you were "digging" around back then.

you sitting in your lil german town or where ever. those are the homies!!!

I moved away from my hometown in the beautiful Black Forest almost 20 years ago. I still have fond memories of this time and don't feel any shame of it.

Do you feel you need to be proud of your birthplace and think that pts you above someone else? That's sad.

I never claimed to be a "homie" whatever that means.

i am a boutique digger???? lol!!! funny ass shit dude! first, i have been digging for more than 26 years. second, i have been digging in places your imperialistic ass would NEVER go. third, i have "paid" my dues in regard to digging so i have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

Entertain us and let us know where you "dug up" your contributions to your record.
    I'd say they were all bought in boutique record stores. Most of them were there in consignment from my agents who your partner referred to when he said "fuck your agent".

Fact.

listen clown, stay in your fucking lane. whatever the outcome of this, karma is an equalizer!!!

That's the spirit!

Clown is a new one, great, not sure if it's an advancement from asshole or muppet but I take whatever I can get.

Now where is that "whole back story" you have on "my ass"?
    I don't think we ever got that intimate but sometimes I get drunk and the next morning I forgot who I allowed to lick it.

Let's find a gentleman's agreement here:
    I stay in my lane and you stay on the side walk so you don't get run over.

Come on, guys, keep it clean!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,873 Posts
    All in all, pretty interesting thread to read on a Saturday night.

Tho a few things come to my mind.

One, this really isn't a bootlegging. Their product hasn't dropped yet. And also, if it was a proper bootleg, you wouldn't have anyone to go after.

Also, the idea of going into the music biz and not having a chance of your product getting bootlegged is fantasy land. In the 90's there were stores filled with nothing but boots. Now a dayz, with the internet...

I've known my fair share of dudes in my day who did plenty of boots. I remember once someone who booted a track off someone elses boot. You can't stop a proper bootleg.

I will say this as well. This thread probably should have never gone public. Say whatever you want about BBE, but I'm not sure what you were hoping to accomplish in doing this Frank. You should have know that certain strutters would have taken the post to heart.

And with that, both sides should probably not be posting anything. I'm sure any of the lawyers on the strut will tell you saying anything could be used against your interest in a lawsuit. Who will in the end, be the only ones making money out of all of this.

Probably too much has already been said to sort this out admirably. But if I was Frank and I did have a tiny bit of an idea that my dealing with someone was of the idea they were planning to comp said track and then I did my own thing. I would maybe make some sort of deal to smooth things out and I would just knock this up to a learning experience for future dealings in the business.

In any case. Hope it works out for everyone involved.

Another voice of reason.

Same goes for Fryer's post.

I agree with almost everything you both said.
    Only, I'm not a reasonable person, never been, never wiil be.

If you read my innitial post attentively, you will see how BBE have tried to jerk me around. First playing for time then after I told them that we do have exclusive licensing from the original copyright holder who was the producer, co-author and financer of the OG recordings, they went to the son of the label owner and signed a bogus license. They were hoping we could not manage to obtain the original documentation of the true ownership. When we did obtain this proof, their house of cards collapsed, their fraud became apparent and they will not stand a chance against us in any court.

With this document, we have the full right to demand BBE to not sell the CD version of their record. It's up to them to do this on a voluntary basis or not. They knew that we were the copyright holders for almost 2 months now. They decided to gamble and they lost.

Now, especially since I was told a muppet and an asshole amongst other things and slandered for exploiting the poor etc. this has become a very personal matter to me. There's no way I will let go of this. No well in hell.

I will fight this in the most public way possible because if there's one thing these elements can't stand, it's the light of day.

Every single thing I have posted is true and I can prove it.

And I'm not afraid of dirt.

Like a pig, i like to lay down in it. And grunt with content.

I grew up in a very rural area.
    My grandfather told me that if you try play with a hog, you'll end up in fragments, adding to the puddle of mud.

This is ugly and it's likely to get much uglier. I feel bad for associates I have in common with Kon and Amir but in a year or maybe even half a year, most of these associates will have calmed down and not hold much of a grudge against me. Maybe not most but some. I will manage to live with that. I've always burned bridges while building new ones as I move on to new teritory. "The game is never won by staying in any one place for too long."

I'll just say this.

In the end, nobody wins these things. You might win in a court of law this time. But shit like this has a way of coming back (And I'm not even talking about from the people you are involved with this per say). I'm not doubting you are the rights holder or debating your right to decide who and who cannot license the track. I do wonder if you acted in good faith from what all went on before you decided to do a comp (Tho, it's really none of my business). Just from shit I've witnessed in the past. That this stuff, it never truly ends well with satisfaction for all involved.

But then, what the hell do I know. I've been out of the record biz awhile now. Tho, I've seen a lot of shit go down in the past (Nastier shit than this over music/records involving fairly large sums of money). Always with both sides losing in different ways and degrees in the end. Always over pride and/or emotion. I just don't think the stress & poison is worth it.

There are so many shitty side effects that could come out of this.