TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Flomotion said:
    "Thanks for reaching out."

This one. Maybe most irritating and dismissive phrase ever conceived. Lost it last week during a face to face with a bod at a well known social network who merrily chirped this at the end of a meeting regarding their utter f***wittedness.

?

I think of all the lessons learnt by Facebook from MySpace's fall, not being automatically friended with some random who tells you he built the whole thing was probably the biggest win.

Yeah GN-related, I had a lifetime's worth of hunches that Junior would fail and predicted he would fall at the 10th (but bet on him anyway) so always good to see my negative assumptions trumped by real life. Did spread betting with the missus, three horses each, and was delighted to see four of them go down before the halfway mark. Silver cloud at the end was when her whim chosen donkey won by a nose.

Extra treat that millions got to witness the last minutes of Synchronised as he happily trotted around wild and free before McCoy remounted him and drove his head into the turf.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Junior said:

before McCoy remounted him and drove his head into the turf.

How you gonna do the Doc like that?

::face melt::

• skel said:
    Junior said:
    a brainstorming session .

"mind shower".

sounds like someone pissing in your ear

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Great bit of skill then ruined by some diving...

DuttyBabylon said:
    skel said:
    Junior said:
    a brainstorming session .

"mind shower".

sounds like someone pissing in your ear

Keep that Brighton-R stuff to yourself.

;-P

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    skel said:
    Junior said:

Actual LOL.

skel said:
    Junior said:

Well played skel, well played indeed.

So, football chat?

Found myself in the unusual place of rooting for Real last night via the process of having the least number of players I would hate to see standing there celebrating and holding the CL trophy at the end of the final (Barca obviously disqualified due to inherent smugness).

Also, the question that needs an answer. Pcmr, who you rooting for tonight?

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    Please, anyone but Barca. Just for variety.

Kind of behind Bayern, so they have to show Ribery's mug all over. And they sure schooled City in their home leg.

Yeah Bayern just have too many players that make my blood boil:

Robben
    Ribery
    Gomez
    etc

Plus I can't deny a certain bitterness about last year.

I think I'm rooting for a Chelsea/Real final.

So gents, are we having a separate thread to get things moving on a Brit meet? If so, Junoir to post it? Then can take the admin to a cc pm scenario.

And talking of which, pcmr will no doubt reveal his lifelong affinity to Bayern any second now

::jaded smiley::

Time of year is the only thing that may be an issue for me.
    Otherwise, I'm game, and could also come down to the big smoke for a pint or two in the near future.

Yeah but L*o your "beer or two" always ends up at about midnight with me pissing upside a wall amid a cluster of dossers and two steps sideways for every one step forward.

In other words I'm down. Mon/tues/Weds best nights for me.
    Beattie, Junior, holler!
    And anyone else in central/City area.

Duderonomy said:
    Time of year is the only thing that may be an issue for me.
    Otherwise, I'm game, and could also come down to the big smoke for a pint or two in the near future.

Ditto

Ok I'll get round to posting a thread soonish then but happy to take suggestions on when is best for everyone before I stick up a vague arrangement to crickets - probably later in the year is best for me personally.
    In the meantime, putting the how many record collectors does it take to organise a piss up event to the side, certainly up for another easier to organise drink in the city. Wednesday's are always good for me, particularly as only two days to the weekend is preferable if the full body wrongness I felt after the last ones is going to be repeated. Let's do it.

Wednesday 2nd May

6pm

Outside the Bank of England, next to Bank tube

Yay or nay

skel said:

Yay

A meal?

Also we have to remember to do the drinking thick and fast as Londoners are always constrained by when the tubes shut :weaksauce:

I discovered the joys of Makers Mark w/ Jaegermeister chasers recently. Morning after is not a good look, doe.

Ok let's do dinner then
    Also near Bank tube

Imperial City, Chinese

::ain't talkin chicken etc etc::

skel said:
    Ok let's do dinner then
    Also near Bank tube

Imperial City, Chinese

::ain't talkin chicken etc etc::

I'm allergic to rice. And noodles. And won-tons. And chop-sticks. And black bean sauce. And hoy-sin sauce. And crispy fried duck in pancakes.

OK, that last one's a lie.

A pub that does grub?

Pfft, meals are for wimps and people with some semblance of common sense.

Get the London Look

Damn this is harder work than the Modern Soul thread (and I'm looking at you, Jimster).

You dudes decide the where and when, I'll meet you there.

For real doe, I broke down the modern soul/boogie dilemma into simple terms, yet foll and foll still persist with dovecotes less pigeonholes...

London mid-week very unlikely unless it's for work.

J i m s t e r said:

London mid-week very unlikely unless it's for work.

So I guess those with kids can't do weekends (Skel?).
    Jimster lives far away enough that weekdays are a problem.

Bank holiday coming up?

There's two plans here

One is the 'very big house in the country' one, Junior to start a thread, foll and foll can negotiate the who, where and when. It will be on a 'world at our fingertips', er, tip.

The other is a one-nighter, few pints and some snappy, probably for those who can get into LDN central, most certainly midweek, like next two or three weeks.

Can Jimster do a LDN trip midweek?
    Stay at the Duder crack house maybe?

Midweek leaves me too small a window to get down after work, drunk, and back 'pon di vomit comet or somesuch. It would be 7:30-8 bells before man is at K-X St. P. Weekends a better look, may as well make it a rustic affair as is mooted (Lashings and lashings of Ginger Ale-R)...

Staying over not a goer with current workload. Man gets paid by the day innit.

Ok, so over to Duder to solve the midweek night out, wherupon three of us get wrecked on a wednesday and regret it until saturday.

Then over to junior to start the Take Those Brits to the Cotswolds.com thread, where Jimster gets to have a mini mid life crisis with about ten druncles, no ayo, plenty of admim drama assured.

Ok sounds like a plan to me.

I can do two weeks Weds anyway and up for grabbing a burger and beer somewhere to line the stomach as just discovered I have a company update day the next day and the food may help soften the impact. Relaxed about where we go though can probably suggest a few places with no promise of quality attached to it. Anyone else in easy travelling distance of London up for the midweek one? Not sure who lives close enough anymore.

I suspect by the time the full meet up happens the mini mid life crisis will be maxed out and the adventure will end with a sobbing circle of druncles howling at the moon.

Like him or loathe him (and the commentators paid testament to his powers of recovery throughout the match), the Drog can be unplayable when he's on form.
    And Wank Lampard actually picked out a very decent pass for the goal.

skel said:

Stay at the Duder crack house maybe?

I'll have you know the toilet was fixed this week. Only took 3 months.

So weds 2nd May, me and junior are all James Ingram and yah mo be there

Duder to make like a Russian capital city - mus' go

Next up, the B-hag.
    the jolly boys outing. Where will it be? Who will show face?
    Can we do wizard-play at Tintagel Castle and wreck one of Okem's heirlooms? Or will we bow down to Jimster J and pitch tents in Sherwood Forest like some band of low-achiever lower middle aged and low rent merry men lovingly fondling tins of Special Brew?

I'm getting all Bobby Ball up in this bith.

I'm kind of up for next Tuesday for the return leg of Barca v Chelski. But the date in May is also good.
    Me and the yung ones were watching the game and pissing ourselves laughing at how much gamesmanship Drogba & co were prepared to employ, and then at one point Puyol started moaning about his injured wrist, showed it to Terry, who promptly squeezed it - inflict more pain!