Do you lurk on the Breaks for a laugh?

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited June 2009 in Strut Central
Do some of you lurk on The Breaks or even post there under another alias just to have a laugh?

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Do some of you lurk on The Breaks or even post there under another alias just to have a laugh?

I get all my chuckles here.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I've said this before, but I am actually on BAN from the Breaks without ever having posted or registered there. I found out when someone posted a link on here to a thread there, and I couldn't read it because it popped up saying my IP was banned from the forum. Maybe once you hit 10,000 posts on Soul Strut they automatically ban you over there?

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    I've said this before, but I am actually on BAN from the Breaks without ever having posted or registered there. I found out when someone posted a link on here to a thread there, and I couldn't read it because it popped up saying my IP was banned from the forum. Maybe once you hit 10,000 posts on Soul Strut they automatically ban you over there?
    i think some other person who uses the same provider as you do and is in the same ip range got banned..

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Maybe once you hit 10,000 posts on Soul Strut they automatically ban you over there?

Imagine if they did that... it would be pretty funny, and yet it would kinda make sense, like as an adult, not being allowed into the childrens reading room of your local library.

• ha. that analogy is perfect.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Is the-breaks down? I haven't been able to get on there for the longest...

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    hmm works for me.. try a proxy maybe

• darkdark 52 Posts
    I spend more time on the breaks than at soulstrut. I don't understand the supposed animosity between the two forums because in my opinion, it caters to different communities. Both communities have different interests and inside jokes. If you haven't lurked on the breaks, come take a look.

http://the-breaks.com/forums

I think I like the smilies more here though.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    i think some other person who uses the same provider as you do and is in the same ip range got banned..

Breaks hatin on Beantown!

I spend more time on the breaks than at soulstrut.

BAN

I don't understand the supposed animosity between the two forums

DOUBLE BAN

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    So happy I clicked on the link if only to witness Papichulo calling women "breezies" in 2009.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    I didnt even know they had a forum, just that real crappy cut and paste list of 'state the f*cking obvious' samples....

• I didnt even know they had a forum, just that real crappy cut and paste list of 'state the f*cking obvious' samples....

Yo, i know the fun that gets pulled at breaks.com around here and i totally understand why but Loko you gotta realise that Blaine started it a long long time ago, before it was a site it was an email list and i have to admit i learnt a lot from it back then. Although might seem obvious today.. it is definitely not a cut and paste job Loko.

Forgetting the forums hilarity i enjoy reading his blog posts.

I didnt even know they had a forum, just that real crappy cut and paste list of 'state the f*cking obvious' samples....

Yo, i know the fun that gets pulled at breaks.com around here and i totally understand why but Loko you gotta realise that Blaine started it a long long time ago, before it was a site it was an email list and i have to admit i learnt a lot from it back then. Although might seem obvious today.. it is definitely not a cut and paste job Loko.

Forgetting the forums hilarity i enjoy reading his blog posts.

I aint having a go him, and I do remember it was one of the first online digger sites etc, but when i say 'cut and paste' I mean that alot of the info listed on there looked like it was sourced off the back of Hip Hop records that listed the samples they cleared, know I used to carry a similar list of artists and records in the mid 90s... thats why it seems very dated....

But I havent spent much time on there (obviosly if I didnt realise they had a forum) and the list i saw might have been an old ass one....

The more the merrier, but I dig (no pun intended) soul struts swagger....

OH SNAP HEAT DARTZ BEING LOBBED

I spend more time on the breaks than at soulstrut.

BAN

I don't understand the supposed animosity between the two forums

DOUBLE BAN

People on a message board trying to clown on another message board = GHEY, DOUBLE GHEY, QUADRUPLExINFINITY GHEY[/b].

Did I mention ghey

You seem to take it more seriously then me.

The post wasn't directed at you personally even though I quoted it.

The whole the-breaks bashing thing has gone on forever and its f*cking retarded.

The whole the-breaks bashing thing has gone on forever and its f*cking retarded.

so why do you post here? Ban yourself and

I think your over reacting dude, plus a tad bit hypocritical since you have joked/dissed others on here.

I didnt hear you jump up and fight for MLP board when they got clowned.... you got something against cute ponys?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Is the-breaks down? I haven't been able to get on there for the longest...

i cant get to it on my pc any more

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    either can i!! I tried a couple times and says loading failed....oooooof!haha.

so why do you post here? Ban yourself and

I think your over reacting dude, plus a tad bit hypocritical since you have joked/dissed others on here.

I didnt hear you jump up and fight for MLP board when they got clowned.... you got something against cute ponys?

Oh of course. I don't have any problems making jokes or dissing others. It's just the whole the-breaks thing is so old... I mean, really old. If there was a long, years-long trash talking about ponies then I'd probably get annoyed too.

Really the main point is a good chunk of people talking about it are completely serious in their the-breaks trash talking.

Even then that would be ok.

But the whole the-breaks thing has been going on forever. People were having this discussion on here in 2004.

It's a different board with some overlap. 90% of the people on here have referenced the breaks list over there. So you don't like the forums. Don't go. I don't, for whatever reason.

Not a big deal in the long run just would like something new to talk trash about (like pony forums). At least the Waxidermy diss stuff is new(er) simply because it wasn't around 5 years ago.