Wallander (PBS related)

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
I know there are some hardboiled detective types around here (Funky16, SoI, DB Cooper- who, incidently, will appreciate my PBS dick riding). Y'all should definitely be checking your local PBS station for, "Masterpiece: Mystery," and the three episodes of Wallander, starring Kenneth Branaugh.Shit is off the hook- definitely the best Swedish detective show I've ever seen. And, the look? HO.LY. SCHITT. Whoever shot this gets two thumbs up. Schitt looks incredible.Very high recommendation on a way to pass just north of 3 hours (each episode runs about 1:10).

Comments

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

I know there are some hardboiled detective types around here (Funky16, SoI, DB Cooper- who, incidently, will appreciate my PBS dick riding). Y'all should definitely be checking your local PBS station for, "Masterpiece: Mystery," and the three episodes of Wallander, starring Kenneth Branaugh.

Shit is off the hook- definitely the best Swedish detective show I've ever seen. And, the look? HO.LY. SCHITT. Whoever shot this gets two thumbs up. Schitt looks incredible.

Very high recommendation on a way to pass just north of 3 hours (each episode runs about 1:10).

It is on the DVR awaiting consumption. I saw an article in the NYT a while back and it looked very cool.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    The pacing is more like a movie than a normal TV show, so that took some getting used to. MUCH more deliberate. But, the look and feel is just so well done... And, Branaugh can act.

The last one airs on May 31, so if you haven't TiVOed, get your times set.

• This will be one of the last things I'll be able to watch with rabbit ears (no new digital box)so thanks for the heads up. Can't wait.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    This will be one of the last things I'll be able to watch with rabbit ears (no new digital box)so thanks for the heads up. Can't wait.

The digital box sucks ass. At least with the bunny ears I can get a picture even if the quality is not great, with the digital it is either perfect or unwatchable. I refuse to pay for cable.

• undocumentundocument 70 Posts
    ...And, Branaugh can act.

Hamlet

This is my shit right here. Love this movie.

...and sorry for the partial thread hi-jack!