Job hunt update: Actual contact! A rejection!

2»

Comments

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

The world is full of overpriveledged folks that are oblivious to the fact that there are a lot of people who serve them daily who are teetering on the edge of homelessness/insolvency.

Yeah, I guess they need someone like themselves to break the news.

You'd rather no one hears about it at all, so the mighty "American Dream" doesn't suffer any more? Take that shit to Sean Hannity...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

The world is full of overpriveledged folks that are oblivious to the fact that there are a lot of people who serve them daily who are teetering on the edge of homelessness/insolvency.

I almost stopped reading when she said she lived in Charlottesville. AKA Colorado Springs Bizzaro World.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

You'd rather no one hears about it at all, so the mighty "American Dream" doesn't suffer any more? Take that shit to Sean Hannity...

No I just get tired of that version of empathy. The folks that are in their 40's and 50's and are just learning about the way the other have live will go back to being blissfully unaware or will consider the couple bucks they throw in a cup their due.

"I feel your pain." um...no, well they might feel it soon. On second thought I guess these boomers should read this so they can prepare them selves for what it is like to scrape together a living.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

No I just get tired of that version of empathy. The folks that are in their 40's and 50's and are just learning about the way the other have live will go back to being blissfully unaware or will consider the couple bucks they throw in a cup their due.

"I feel your pain." um...no, well they might feel it soon. On second thought I guess these boomers should read this so they can prepare them selves for what it is like to scrape together a living.

I'm willing to bet that in the last 6 months a lot of them learned that lesson the hard way, though if things turn around they'll forget it instantly.

On second thought I guess these boomers should read this so they can prepare them selves for what it is like to scrape together a living.

Oooh! Can we start talking shit about baby boomers?

Do you really need someone to give you the go ahead to do this?

I'm willing to bet that in the last 6 months a lot of them learned that lesson the hard way, though if things turn around they'll forget it instantly.

Exactly

Ha ha. It's all I think about.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Are your parents Baby Boomers??

Are your parents Baby Boomers??

Wow. I never thought about that. What a brilliant question. If I hate baby boomers then I must hate my parents. Oh no. What a deep philosophical puzzle. How can I ever reconcile these opposing feelings?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    If I hate baby boomers then I must hate my parents. Oh no. What a deep philosophical puzzle. How can I ever reconcile these opposing feelings?

Booze. And lots of it.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    As an aside, I wish someone would let the US Navy know that their postings aren't really for "jobs" in the traditional sense.

I think if you can be jailed for not coming in to work that puts it on another level. That and the potential for rocket fire.