pressing vinyl recommendations

willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
I know I saw this thread a couple months ago or something, and I'm sure it pops up at least once a year, but it doesn't really work searching for "vinyl pressing", anywayzz, can i get some recommendations on good places to go for getting an album pressed on vinyl? i'm sure plenty of y'all have experience with this.kthnxbai.

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    i had a good experience with rti, but they are on the pricier end. I was very happy with the end result though. Customer service was top notch too.

I think there are a lot of other cheaper options though.

I know a lot of people go with the recordpressing.com thing and all those czech republic places, but I think you can get comparable prices in the US. Some of the czech records come out so cheesy looking and the've got that weird plasticy/filmy inner paper sleeve. Plenty of great records have been pressed at these places recently, but in my opinion, you should just press it here in the US if you can. It seems so bizarre to me that having large quantities of vinyl pressed and shipped from the other side of the globe can be cheaper than doing it here in the US. Not like I'm some "AMERICA!!!" type dude. I guess the whole thing just makes me feel like it's an inferior product if it's chaeper to press it and ship it across the globe. Maybe the labor is cheaper over there, but do they ship them back on a boat? How is the shipping economical?

maybe Bill Smith or Erika. There is someone on this board who runs a place that does vinyl, at least 7 inches.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    Thanks a lot for the advice C7, I'm definitely going to czech (pun intended...ugh) those out.

Anyone else out there have some recommendations? I know there are plenty more people that do this...

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    What Czech Republic places are you speaking of?

I'm looking to press something on the cheap.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I've always used A&R in Dallas....here is their latest pricing.

http://www.arrecords.com/

Just click on Vinyl from the top menu.

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    What Czech Republic places are you speaking of?

I'm looking to press something on the cheap.

GZ are the ones most people think of, they're used by lots of other European companies too but you can order direct from them if you wish...