Five ones.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
1. Brother Ali "The Truth Is Here" EP[/b] Ali has always been a strong, talented rapper to me, though I have to admit, he's one of the dudes I was talking about when I posted my annoyance with rappers telling me all about their personal lives last week. I can live it with it, though. I mean, I have for quite a while now! Hopefully Jake's Freeway collaboration (Muslim connect!) will earn him some more fans.Straight up nasty like a Nogales lapdance!Real (border town) heads know thy deal.1. Ryan Leslie S/T[/b] Man, this album is REALLY good. Much much better than The Dream's albums, in my opinion. He does have an inflated ego though so I have to avoid his interviews much like I did Kanye's a few years ago.There are very few current R&B albums I can listen to front-to-back, this is definitely one of them. That "looking in the mirror" piano breakdown in the middle of "Addiction" is as beautiful as Stevie and Michael to me.1. Parra Plays (iPhone app)[/b] I love this dude's simple, bold and colorful style. Bought his "Ma Dukes" shirt a while back and now I have these fun little games to kill time with!1. Type The Sky [/b]I keep meaning to start a typography/letter/handstylez thread, but I'm too lazy to assemble my links, so I'll throw this here instead: 1. Badd Lucc "Hood Rat" ft. and produced by Terrace Martin [/b]M*rs introduced me to these dudes at LAX last year. Terrace' mix CD is real dope, I think he'll be a strong force this year. This song is perfect for these warm desert nights.

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    That dude Bad Lucc is all over that Crazy Toones mixtape that came out a year or so ago.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    1. Brother Ali "The Truth Is Here" EP[/b]

Ali has always been a strong, talented rapper to me, though I have to admit, he's one of the dudes I was talking about when I posted my annoyance with rappers telling me all about their personal lives last week. I can live it with it, though. I mean, I have for quite a while now! Hopefully Jake's Freeway collaboration (Muslim connect!) will earn him some more fans.

Straight up nasty like a Nogales lapdance!

Real (border town) heads know thy deal.

ali is the shit. he's one of the most humble dudes you're gonna find and he's a die hard hip hopper. that EP is excellent. the vinyl comes out soon. i think his personal stories are what people really like about him. good story telling too. at least its not all about in the club poppin champagne and models bullshit so many other rappers are on. about him earning some fans, there is a jadakiss video on youtube where he's going off about something and in the background, ali is playing.

1. gonna go bike shopping today.

1. stopping by the jeweler to talk about a custom piece.

1. rain! i like it. better than snow right now and it washes away all the crud of winter.

1. starting today, no booze until my birthday in june.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    PS i'm also gonna find that ryan leslie album today.