Jim Cramer

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Anyone see Jon Stewart nail the hell outta him & CNBC over the past few nights?But Stewart really needs to step it up. This is some of the craziest shit I've read in a long time. There has to be a TV movie made somewhere down the line...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/11/jim-cramer-shorting-stock_n_173824.htmlBut this is where things get really crazy.http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/3/5/16720/74815

Comments

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    What a blowhard. I hope people finally wake up to what a fraud the guy is.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

A. John Stewart
    B. Jim Kramer
    C. Daily Kos
    D. All of the above.

The correct anser is "D. All of the above."

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    I don't take Cramer too seriously but I welcome criticism of Obama. Ad hominem attacks, even on CNBC hosts, won't change the fact that the Democrats' plans raise a lot of concerns.

• Another in a long line of cheerleaders for the "rich will save us all" school of economics. Hardly the biggest douche on CNBC, but a douche nonetheless.
    F*ck him.
    F*ck the stock market.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

A. John Stewart
    B. Jim Kramer
    C. Daily Kos
    D. All of the above.

Last I looked John Stewart isn't calling himself an "expert" on anything. He is guilty of being very funny, which is of course part of his job description. Therefore, he is no fraud.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Cramer should own up to his mistakes fully instead of being a corporate cheerleader and shooting his mouth off about the exposer.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Cramer is gonna be on Stewart tonight. Should be interesting.

• where does political comedy go now that the gwb presidency is over?

apparently it sets its sights on a guy who is clearly doing a satire of himself, but actually knows what he's talking about.

[read also: stephen colbert]

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    ETHERED

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Dude is gettin fusking pantsed on national tv. This might be the 2nd worst move Cramer's ever made in his life.

Yeah...

This eps has the most serious tone to it I've ever watched.

Nailed

I give it to him in a way. He took his lumps. Many dudes would have never even gone on that show.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I was expecting more informed and confident replies to Stewart's questions but...

I do give it to him for having the balls to go on there - that's not easy - you can bet CNBC are wondering what to do with the guy now.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I was expecting more informed and confident replies to Stewart's questions but...

I do give it to him for having the balls to go on there - that's not easy - you can bet CNBC are wondering what to do with the guy now.

Buddy comedy with Tucker Carlson! I can already hear the laugh track.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Cramer is gonna be on Stewart tonight. Should be interesting.

COMPLETE SONNING ON NATIONAL TV.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Buddy comedy with Tucker Carlson! I can already hear the laugh track.

I would only laugh if the show took place entirely in prison or they got hit by a bus in the pilot.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I think this pic says it all:

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    That ratty ass footage they had of him telling all the 'tricks' was the coup de grace.

nothing he could do but take the lumps. but as i saw it, it really had little to do with Cramer and everything to do with the 'journalistic integrity' of CNBC.

David Faber is the only one who got props last night...

I watch CNBC daily, and while i think Stewart's beef may be a bit harsh in some fashion, he did make several valid points last night.

On Squawk this morning, Carl Quintilla was kinda ass hurt about last night too, after some point would be made by an analyst he would say "despite some belief that we don't serve a purpose, we do actually broadcast important business/market news", an obvious ode to Stewart's sonning of Cramer & CNBC.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

A. John Stewart
    B. Jim Kramer
    C. Daily Kos
    D. All of the above.

Last I looked John Stewart isn't calling himself an "expert" on anything. He is guilty of being very funny, which is of course part of his job description. Therefore, he is no fraud.

also, while i commend Stewart for what he did last night, be mindful that he is playing a game too. Stewart likes to pull some hard punches now and then on some very important topics, but if he starts getting hit back he tends to fall in line with the "but we are a comedy show, not a news show...so you're not really allowed to criticize us...". It's kinda bitch ass to play the line like that, but it still was very commendable that he actually made a point to bring this to light.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    I think this pic says it all:

YES

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

A. John Stewart
    B. Jim Kramer
    C. Daily Kos
    D. All of the above.

also, while i commend Stewart for what he did last night, be mindful that he is playing a game too. Stewart likes to pull some hard punches now and then on some very important topics, but if he starts getting hit back he tends to fall in line with the "but we are a comedy show, not a news show...so you're not really allowed to criticize us...". It's kinda bitch ass to play the line like that, but it still was very commendable that he actually made a point to bring this to light.

Truth. There is a certain 'have your cake and eat it too' to Stewart and "The Daily Show," where they can pick their place to get serious. It's the nature of the show to strike some happy medium between Gallagher and "The News Hour with Jim Lehrer," to keep my metaphor PBS specific. But like it or not Stewart is the news for a lot of young people who can't even bother actually stay informed. Don't really know where I am going with this but I do agree that Stewart pulls out the "we're a comedy show card" whenever it's convenient.

• I've always read that "we're a comedy show card" as not a defense but the point that if actual news organizations did their f*cking job and occasionally tried to speak truth to power, The Daily Show would be out of business.

TDS feeds off the fact that the 24 hour news cycle forces cable stations to do really dumb things to maintain ratings. I can't imagine the show would have been successful in the age where network news was the only game in town.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    But like it or not Stewart is the news for a lot of young people who can't even bother actually stay informed.

They could probably do a lot worse.

• well, i am no fan of jon stewart who i think is mostly a smug hack but he really pulled it out and actually completely destroyed any shred of credibility cramer had left.

how could cramer even face his family and co-workers after that? going on daily show was the worst career move ever for that clown

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    how could cramer even face his family and co-workers after that? going on daily show was the worst career move ever for that clown

no. saying Bear Stearns was going to be okay when it was $60 a share, and to have it go to $2 as share 4 days later was far and away his worst career move ever.

• how could cramer even face his family and co-workers after that? going on daily show was the worst career move ever for that clown

no. saying Bear Stearns was going to be okay when it was $60 a share, and to have it go to $2 as share 4 days later was far and away his worst career move ever.

but most people didn't even know about that really and there were a number of ways he may have tried to ride out that storm.

whereas before daily show his career may have been on life support after that vivisection it is over now and in part we have stewart to thank for that.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Without having seen the show or the clip they played about Cramer, I will say I can't really be mad at "Mad Money." It's not journalism. It's an entertainment brought to you by a trader who picks stocks that might be good picks. It's Cramer's job as a trader to work the system in any way he can without doing something illegal.

It's the government's job to regulate that shit, something that in my opinion they have not done enough of. But when there are millions out there for anyone, do you really expect traders to "play nice" or do "what's right"?

Sure Cramer could have dialed back his enthusiasm in the light of what was on the horizon, as in the case of Bear Stearns' collaspe, but if people also dialed back the pack mentality and actually did their homework, we wouldn't be in as deep of shit in the first place.