Some assholes tried to burn a dog (NRR)

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I can't believe there are jerks out there who do shit like this.http://www.ktvu.com/news/4767852/detail.html Authorities Search For Pit Bull Burning SuspectsPOSTED: 4:35 pm PDT July 25, 2005UPDATED: 8:43 am PDT July 27, 2005SAN FRANCISCO -- Police searched Wednesday for two teenage girls -- known to Bayview neighborhood residents as "the Evil Girls" -- and their two 20-year-old companions for questioning in the torching of a young pit bull, who was recovering in a local veterinarian clinic from serious burns.Meanwhile, a reward and care fund had been set up by the Friends of San Francisco Animal Care and Control. To donate go to their WEBSITE to donate.The dog, nicknamed Ember, was recovering at an animal hospital on Tuesday. Authorities said the tan-and-white dog appears to be a purebred pit bull.Animal control officers responded to an emergency call shortly after 5 p.m. Sunday and found the female dog. The dog had put out the flames -- igniting a small grass fire in the process -- by running from her tormenter.The dog was not wearing a collar and does not have an identifying micro chip. Animal control officers said no one at the scene claimed ownership.Ember is on pain medication for burns to her hind end, belly, back, ears and lips, authorities said.The dog is friendly and will likely be put up for adoption after she recovers.Copyright 2005 by KTVU.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    that's seriously f'ed up. that look on her face... i'm about to head out to sf and adopt!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

These kids need a serious beat down. That's just wrong.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I would kill them easily.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    check out the video on the page, she looks so sad and in pain. i'm sure she won't have any trouble being adopted. poor thing

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    check out the video on the page, she looks so sad and in pain. i'm sure she won't have any trouble being adopted. poor thing

poor thing...if I could I'd go up to the bay and adopt her in a heartbeat.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

And re-name it pronto... Ember, sick name!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

And re-name it pronto... Ember, sick name!

pronto not being my suggested name for it.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

X2 ... you've gotta have some serious self esteem issues if you need to burn helpless animals in order to feel good about yourself. I wish the dog had torn their throats out.

• Fuckers...

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Fuckers...
    Fuckers...
    Fuckers...
    Fuckers...
    Fuckers...
    Fuckers...
    Fuckers...
    Fuckers...
    Fuckers...
    Fuckers...

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

people who abuse animals have to be sociopaths

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    That's fucking terrible.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

people who abuse animals have to be sociopaths who often find it easy to do the same to people[/b]

Sick fucks.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I feel charges/sentences for violence against animals should be the same as those against humans.

From Canadian Federation of Humane Societies (stats are about five or six years old, unless noted otherwise):

Animal abusers often suffer from low self-esteem, a history of family abuse, frustration and an inability to manage anger. Childhood cruelty may provide a child with a sense of power and mastery over animals. Typical factors are revenge, retaliation, intimidation, deviant arousal or peer pressure.

In one American study, 118 out of 135 criminals, including robbers and rapists, admitted that when they were children, they had burned, hanged and stabbed domestic animals.

78% of 63 people charged with animal cruelty had also been charged with violence or threats of violence against people (Jim McIsaac, Winnipeg Police Services).

152 criminal subjects reported 373 acts involving undue harm to animals. 60% reported at least one or more acts of childhood cruelty toward animals. 41% reported 1 - 2 cruelties, 11% admitted 3 - 4 cruel acts towards animals and 8% indicated 5 or more animal cruelties during childhood. 25% of aggressive criminals reported 5 or more childhood cruelties compared to less than 6% of moderate and nonaggressive criminals. 3/4 of all aggressive criminal subjects reported excessive and repeated child abuse. (Kellert and Felthous "Childhood Cruelty Toward Animals Among Criminals and Non-Criminals", Human Relations Volume 38, No. 12, PP. 1113 - 1129).

61% of 39 women who had been abused by their partners and were living in women's shelters in Hamilton and Owen Sound said their pets had either been abused or killed by their partners. 48% said concern for the safety of their pets prevented them from leaving their abusive home sooner.

Three surveys of women's shelters in Wisconsin and Utah showed an average of 74% of women with pets reported that their animals had been threatened, injured or killed by their abuser.

83% of families in Britain with a history of animal abuse were identified by social service agencies as at risk for child abuse or neglect (Royal SPCA, Britain, 1981).

58% of sexual homicide perpetrators who were sexually abused as children recounted childhood animal cruelty (Dr. Patricia Schene "One By One Is Not the Only Way" Advocate Fall/Winter 1993).

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

people who abuse animals have to be sociopaths who often find it easy to do the same to people[/b]

Sick fucks.

20 year old dudes who court/influence teenage girls

Sick fucks.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Sick fucks.

it's from damn's OG post:

Police searched Wednesday for two teenage girls -- known to Bayview neighborhood residents as "the Evil Girls" -- and their two 20-year-old companions for questioning in the torching of a young pit bull

something tells me these girls weren't so 'evil' before the dudes showed up.

Sick fucks.

it's from damn's OG post:

Police searched Wednesday for two teenage girls -- known to Bayview neighborhood residents as "the Evil Girls" -- and their two 20-year-old companions for questioning in the torching of a young pit bull

something tells me these girls weren't so 'evil' before the dudes showed up.

I misread that, I thought the girls were 20...sorry I am so slow.
    Anyhow, don't be shocked if it's the girls' idea...I got some teenage girls that live on my block who are capable of anything the boys can dream up.

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    This is exactly the kind of shit that makes me not want to live on this earth anymore. So, so sad when I think of my dog and if something ever happened to her. These people need to be tortured into insanity, death is too good for them. The same goes for dog thieves that I read all about in the newspaper this morning.

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts

Better yet, set their asses on fire.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    ouch. that really sucks. i hope the dog makes it through and it will most likely go to a great home.

i used to work in bayview/hunters point. it is an underserved underrepresented community that the city tries to ignore and a place where most SFriscans will never go. the people are pretty much treated like dogs down there and it seems that the treatment of that community has/will manifest itself in various forms of deviant behavior.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    On a lighter note, the headline just below the article is interesting:

Jobs Might Lead to Expanded Waistlines, Survey Suggests

"We surveyed 100 people and asked them what is the biggest cause of obesity, SURVEY SEZ?: WORK! Number one answer!!!"

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    That's some horrible shit, can't stand seeing things like this. Unbelieveable that people actually do crap like this.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Some may think Im a dick for saying this but whatever. In cases like these I honestly think we should bring back 'cruel and unusual' punishment. If there is no doubt that those girls burnt the dog, then set them afire for a few seconds. I'm dead serious. And it sure as hell will send a message to anyone in the commnity: dont fuck with animals or else.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    dont fuck with animals or else.

They should just let some of the dog's ghetto cousins attack the girls. Is that sick?

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Some may think Im a dick for saying this but whatever. In cases like these I honestly think we should bring back 'cruel and unusual' punishment. If there is no doubt that those girls burnt the dog, then set them afire for a few seconds. I'm dead serious. And it sure as hell will send a message to anyone in the commnity: dont fuck with animals or else.

nah, fuck that, do what the tribes used to do back in the day - banishment. Drop em off in the middle of the desert with a bottle of water, and let them see if they can make their way out.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    quote]

people who abuse animals have to be sociopaths
    no kidding. I feel that by nature most domesticated dogs are loving and kind and it takes some real abusive assholes to want to change that by treating an animal like this. My next door neighbor had 2 dogs that they barely fed and outside of my other next door neighbor and I sneaking them food they would of been much worse off. I was witness to the dogs being hit, saw as their cement yard wasn't cleaned for weeks at a time and watched as the dogs were forced to stand out in the rain with no shelter (and this was the rainiest year in recorded Socal history).

Those dogs are now living elsewhere and I hope they get a better owner. Seeing this pitbull here just makes me so mad, I can't beleive someone would take this type of anger out on an animal

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    dont fuck with animals or else.

They should just let some of the dog's ghetto cousins attack the girls. Is that sick?
    on the real.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I feel charges/sentences for violence against animals should be the same as those against humans.

Well that would be difficult as like 500 million animals go under the axe in the US annually in the name of food.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    this dog is lucky, when I had my run-in with t he animal law, I heard some stories about pitbull abuse from the animal officers, including a story of having to pick up the charred body of a pitbull in Hunters Point.

These kids are probably mentally disturbed and/or growing up in a very fucked up situation. This is so horrible, and unfortunately, just another aspect of ghetto life.