A proper introduction

gambitgambit 906 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Hmmm... how to do this?Yeah okay, hey everyone, the name's GAM, short for GAMBIT, which is my nerdy rap moniker. I dig for records. I've been perusing this site for some time now. I don't know how to really get in the swing of things as far as posting, so I figured I'd try to figure out what Strutters live within 150 miles of the city of Detroit. That's where I'm from... I know there are a few that post here, so I hope they'll give me a holler.I'm not a heavy cat. I just enjoy the hunt and the stories, even when it has to do with someone else nabbing a dope record when I take them to some random flea market in the middle of nowhere, Michigan. I just want to talk records and learn a few things. I don't make beats. I don't DJ... I just collect and listen. Occasionally I brag about my finds. I'm harmless though.My interests kind of shift a lot. I get bored searching for the same stuff all the time (as things never show up when you want them to), so in order to stay interested I dig for other stuff. I must say I'm greatly influenced by the psych fascination here on the site, so I've been into that. But... I've really just been searching for everything that came out on Rare Earth... wack or not wack. So... Matrix, The Impact of Brass, Power of Zeus... are my faves at the moment, but if it's affiliated with Detroit or Michigan in some way I want to be up on it.So yeah... this has gone on too long. I hope mugs accept me here. If not, I'll still peruse per my usual.Oh... let me at least show what record I'm really diggin' right now:It's a bad picture, but I'm sure cats know what it is. If not, think Motown... and there you go.A'ight... pleased to meet you or something.

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Welcome to the board dude! Have you heard that album on rare earth by The Crystal Mansion? Its self titled with trees on the cover, anyways the song "somebody oughta turn your head around" is worth getting it for on the cheap. Pretty fonky.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    detroit? never heard o' ya. now scram!

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    official welcome holmes... Gambit get's the asprin stamp of aproval

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    welcome.

i just heard a bunch of athletic mic league (ann arbor indy rap i'm feelnatdamomentz). a late pass for me is due.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I don't make beats. I don't DJ... I just collect and listen.

Excellent... now, if we can only convince the younguns that this is the "grown & sexy" thing to do...

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    This Gambit dude. I dont know about him mang.

• I dig for records. I don't make beats. I don't DJ... I just collect and listen.

You're alright by me.

SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)
    DETROIT (well, Oak Park if you really wanna get technical)

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Welcome to the board dude! Have you heard that album on rare earth by The Crystal Mansion? Its self titled with trees on the cover, anyways the song "somebody oughta turn your head around" is worth getting it for on the cheap. Pretty fonky.

No, I haven't seen it physically, just on album inner sleeves. I won't hesitate to check it out though. Thanks for the heads up.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    detroit? never heard o' ya. now scram!
    Yeah man, my man Chuck (selfsays) says hello. I haven't heard of you either.

official welcome holmes... Gambit get's the asprin stamp of aproval
    asprin, peace man and happy belated...

welcome.

i just heard a bunch of athletic mic league (ann arbor indy rap i'm feelnatdamomentz). a late pass for me is due.
    AML is cool, really good peoples. Their DJ, his name is Haircut, is a record fiend too.

This Gambit dude. I dont know about him mang.
    Heh heh heh... Docboyy is my archphysicist.

You're alright by me.

SonicReducer
    (TEAMAARON)
    DETROIT (well, Oak Park if you really wanna get technical)
    Yo whaddup! I hope you got some shite for me... I got my paypal debit card, so I'll be through soon.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I was kidding man... welcome to soulstrizzle. And get up with breakself... he is the guy to know in Ann Arbor.

holwer

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I was kidding man... welcome to soulstrizzle. And get up with breakself... he is the guy to know in Ann Arbor.

holwer
    Oh... I didn't take offense at all. I was amused, which I assumed was the intent. Thanks for the welcome...

Yeah, people always tell me about some dude I need to meet in Ann Arbor. I'm going there today to see J-Live... and I guess Living Legends. Maybe he'll surface and we can be chums.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    I don't know about this Gambit cat....shady dude....

Sup man...drop me a line when you're around.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I don't know about this Gambit cat....shady dude....

Sup man...drop me a line when you're around.
    Yeah buddy... that's what's up. Hey, I'm rocking at Mac's on 4/30 with Blueprint and Co. ... you should come out. That may be my last time in the greater Lansing area for a while.