PERSONAL MONITOR(S)

Tonearm_RobberyTonearm_Robbery 699 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
Does anyone actually take any with them when they play out?I'm hard of hearing and most places I play has poor to little booth sound. I do most of my work in my phones but I was thinking about trying to find a small, single, powered joint to take with me.I've never really seen anyone do this. Just curious.Recommends?

Comments

• Bump.

• Sometimes I'll bring one of my monitors from the crib out, depending on the spot and sound needs, but it can be a pain in the ass due to space, power needs, etc.

Tho I have heard of folls rockin this:

small, battery powered (optional adapter), inexpensive.

I know roland? and others (marshall?) have similar offerings, butt
    you can keep your stash in the 'nose.

• I've thought about the same thing, but never figured there'd be something light enough that I'd want to carry it that would pack enough boom to make the difference. But I never looked into it either. You seeing anything that looks good?

Sound wise, they don't really need to blow my mind. I just want to cut down on that fraction of time when mixing between hearing the snare in a speaker on the other side of the room vs. the snare in my headphones.

I'm more portability conscience.

Powered.
    Easy hook ups and controls.

These look about my speed.

• Sometimes I'll bring one of my monitors from the crib out, depending on the spot and sound needs, but it can be a pain in the ass due to space, power needs, etc.

Tho I have heard of folls rockin this:

small, battery powered (optional adapter), inexpensive.

I know roland? and others (marshall?) have similar offerings, butt
    you can keep your stash in the 'nose.

That looks perfect.

Pignose?

• Pignose

yuppers.