PRO TOOLS ?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
i'm trying to send a song to a mastering place. is a 24 48 data file mix sufficiant for them to master with? peace, stein. . .

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i'm trying to send a song to a mastering place. is a 24 48 data file mix sufficiant for them to master with? peace, stein. . .

yes

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts

yes
    good looks mesh. stein. . .

• silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
    Stien: 24/88 is a much better rate for CD stuff, as it eventually gets dithered down to 44, 16bit. There is some weird thing in the math when dithering down from 24 to 16 bits that makes weird wordlength artifacts (un audible to humans, but there none the less...). I would suggest 24.88 if you have them there, otherwise 24/44 is fine.

Ps: if you guys need some mastering, I work for rares!

www.monoheat.com

peace!

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Yo, I have some audio shit to ask the SS..

If the finished product wasn't going to be on analog media, would there be any point in working with sampling rates above 44100 Hz / 16 bit in the first place?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Yo, I have some audio shit to ask the SS..

If the finished product wasn't going to be on analog media, would there be any point in working with sampling rates above 44100 Hz / 16 bit in the first place?

You never know how media will change so It's always nice to have a buttery high rate just in case.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    True.