The Boondocks Appreciation Thread.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited January 2009 in Strut Central
I used to be irked by Aaron McGruder's heavy-handed haterish ways, but man, season 2 is HILARIOUS! I mean, dude's still haterish but now the comedy more than makes up for it. And to be fair, he's a little more balanced than the strip and the first season were. I'm liking what he's doing with the Black Jesus and Tubesteak productions in that other thread too.Plus he's got Snoop and Busta doing voices now! The dis song to Grandpa is fresh (Nate Dogg on the hook!):

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

How so? There hasn't been a Boondocks thread probably since before you were here! The last one I remember is when the comic was still running (before the first season).

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I used to be irked by Aaron McGruder's heavy-handed haterish ways, but man, season 2 is HILARIOUS! I mean, dude's still haterish but now the comedy more than makes up for it.

The strip has always been awful ..The first season was garbage as well ..but the 2nd season was the funniest shit on cable ..ever.

How so? There hasn't been a Boondocks thread probably since before you were here! The last one I remember is when the comic was still running (before the first season).

The Boondocks cartoon had heat on it two years ago.

The Second season debuted in 2007, bro.

If ur catchin it now in 2009 - more power to u.

I waited for the DVD boxset and watched all the episodes in a few sittings. Then watched 'em again recently and THEN thought of starting an appreciation thread when I saw those Tubesteak vids and realized nobody had brought it up here. Jeeeezus.

I'ma start giving late passes to all the '70's YouTube videos you post. Like "Pssshhhh! My Mommy and Daddy were feeling each other up to that song before I was born!"

I waited for the DVD boxset and watched all the episodes in a few sittings. Then watched 'em again recently and THEN thought of starting an appreciation thread when I saw those Tubesteak vids and realized nobody had brought it up here. Jeeeezus.

I'ma start giving late passes to all the '70's YouTube videos you post. Like "Pssshhhh! My Mommy and Daddy were feeling each other up to that song before I was born!"

Would u like cinnamon or orange syrup w/ your

b/w

Did u know Obama won?

Would u like cinnamon or orange syrup w/ your

I don't drink coffee.

Boondocks is funny but im not a fan.