Check Out My Digging Interview Series

DJSORCE1DJSORCE1 25 Posts
edited January 2009 in Announcements
Hi,My name is DJ Sorce-1. I'm a freelance writer and I run a digging interview series on my blog called Can You Dig It? The goal is to allows diggers to talk about their most prized pieces, favorite album covers, favorite cities to dig, and weirdest/best digging stories, etc. I figured I'd share the ones I've done so far with you guys. If you'd like to be a part of the series, hit me up.I'm always looking for new people to interview.Feedback is always appreciated. 7L Cosmo Baker DJ Apt One DJ Ayres DJ Day DJ Eleven DJ Enki DJ Mr. Supreme DJ Neil Armstrong DJ Nes DJ P DJ Steve1der DJ Wicked Egon Eli Escobar (DJ Eli) Fishr Pryce Kaewonder Maleet Matthew Africa Memo Mr. Green Rich Medina Skinny Friedman Sloppy White Sticky Dojah THE SOULMAN Vinroc Peace,DJ Sorce-1

Comments

• froz1froz1 154 Posts
    these are great... thanks!

• No problem man...

I'm glad to hear you like them, thanks for the feedback.

Again, if anyone on the board wants to speak on records, just say word and we'll make it happen.

Peace,

Sorce-1

• Nice work.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I like this blog.

This quote from Soulman is gold:

Best Digging Story: One time I was in this big warehouse that probably had about three million records. There were records everywhere. It was just me, the guy running the warehouse, and this older lady digging through all these crates and boxes. So the guy running the place steps out for a minute, and the lady comes over to where I'm digging at. I hear her say to me with some kind of a European accent, "Excuse me, would you like some of this before I finish it?" I look up, and she's smiling at me while holding an album cover with lines of coke on it. I'm like, "What the F*ck?!?" I tell her no thanks, then she's like, "It's some good shit, you don't know what you're missing" and proceeds to hoover the rest of the cocaine up through a dollar bill.

Just when I thought I'd seen it all, she starts in with the small talk, asking me where I'm from and if I'm married. She starts telling me about her love life and I'm like, "Oh shit, I can see where this is going." She tells me she's been having dreams involving sex and records and she's hoping to make them come true one day. "Maybe even today" she said while giving me the eye. Then suddenly, a midget came into the warehouse riding on a unicorn! Man, that was probably the wildest digging experience I ever had.

In case you missed the links at the top of the article, make sure to visit the World of Beats site and That Real Schitt blog. That Real Schitt blog is a hip-hop historian's dream come true.

• Ha ha,

Yeah, Soulman is definitely a character.

It's great he agreed to do the interview.

Dude is a legend.

Sorce-1

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Keep this up, I enjoyed it.

Thanks.

• Will do.

I have a few in the works that should make for very interesting reads.

One quick question...

Is it against forum etiquette to post these links in some of the other forums as well?

Thanks,

Sorce-1

• I'm digging these interviews. Great job DJ Sorce 1! If you'd like to do a bit of writing for my website, Tothedisco.com I'd love it. PM me for more details.

• http://heavyinthestreets.blogspot.com/2009/01/can-you-dig-it-vol-28-meaty-ogre.html

Shout outs to the homie Meaty Ogre for doing this.

Much more to come very soon.

Peace

Sorce-1

• Next up...I believe that's Doc Delay...

http://heavyinthestreets.blogspot.com/2009/02/can-you-dig-it-vol-29-doc-delay.html

Much more to come very soon.

Thank you all for continuing to check out the blog.

• Next up...I believe that's DJ Jester...

http://heavyinthestreets.blogspot.com/2009/02/can-you-dig-it-vol-30-dj-jester.html

Again, much more coming soon. Keep checking back, I'll do my best to keep things interesting.

Thanks,

Sorce-1

• DJSORCE1DJSORCE1 25 Posts
    For a change of pace I talked wax with my dude Noz from the Cocaine Blunts and Hip Hop Tapes.

Enjoy.

http://heavyinthestreets.blogspot.com/2009/03/can-you-dig-it-vol-31-noz.html

More coming soon.