Official Craig's List Thread

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited December 2008 in Strut Central
img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/latte.gif" alt="" /1b, 21b, 21As always, I'm late to catch on to things, but Craigs List has been my new obsession lately. Especially, the musical Instruments section. I just copped a 70s Tama drum set with cymbals and hardware for $75. Lots of cool shit.. lots of people on crack.b, 21b, 21Please to post your craigs list experiences, annoyances, praises.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "Missed Connections" browsers, step forward!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Very Atomipunk.b, 21b, 21b, 21That is ridiculously awesome, though. It would be perfect for my space age bachelor pad.

• thats craazyb, 21"remove ya" stage propb, 21b, 21ive been rehabbing a home and it came the time to buy kitchen cabinets. i coulda spent 2 grand at ikea, but i found a set on CL from the 60s, definitely better quality, for $350, out of a 1.3 million dollar home rennovation. i got lefotver cabinets to do the next kitchen. so...savings of about $3500

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I just bought a used phone, a sony m600i, from some really sketchy Russian dude. He was very terse and brief on the phone and I could hear that the address he gave me was being fed to him by someone in the background. When we finally got out to the house, which was fairly far out into the white trash and Russian suburbs, all the lights were out and no one was home. I called the guy again and the first thing he said upon picking up was, "Are you in the gold Dodge Neon? I'm pulling up behind you in the Mercedes." The guy got out of his car and flashed the phone in front of me quickly, but then said he had to go inside to change the SIM card. After about five minutes of waiting for him, an SUV pulls up next to the house with a group of dudes looking at me suspiciously. They turned out to be the people who lived in the house, but seemed content when I told them I was just waiting there to buy a phone. b, 21b, 21In the end, everything went down as planned. Dude came out and showed me all the themes ("them-us," he pronounced them), games, and songs he'd put onto the phone. When I got home, I noticed that he hadn't erased any of his contacts. Before erasing them all I did notice he had one for "Pizza Hot."

• hahaaaaaahahaab, 21sketchy ass russiansb, 21b, 21ive bought various cell phones off CLb, 21b, 21my boy knocked some cL boots, too

• D/D Free male looking for NSA fun, your picture gets mine.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21If I lived there, that thing would have been sold by now.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    does anyone remember the dude on here that was running the CL pimp game? put ads for dudes looking for girls and then hit up girls that were soliciting on there. He'd arrange the 2 and keep a percentage.b, 21b, 21...who the hell was that?

• I check the musical instruments section like 2 or 3 times a day. Always looking for shit even when I don't have any money... Yesterday I saw a Moog voyager up for $1600 canadian! The post was removed hours later.

• I've sold two turntables on there and had great transactions.b, 21Just met up with dudes in a central part of town and exchanged money like nothing.b, 21CL has been good to me.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21does anyone remember the dude on here that was running the CL pimp game? put ads for dudes looking for girls and then hit up girls that were soliciting on there. He'd arrange the 2 and keep a percentage.
    b, 21
    b, 21...who the hell was that?
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21um a certain Seattle poaster and certified P.I.M.P. !!!!!b, 21b, 21 img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goat.gif" alt="" /1

• chasechase 767 Posts
    I got my Rhodes off of craig's list for $350, I saw it when it was still at the top of the page and emailed right away. When met the guy he said someone had emailed right before me, but he said the guy was asking questions sounded like he was a dealer/reseller, so he sold it to me. Yay!

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21my boy knocked some cL boots, too
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21it's so easy anyone can use it! why just the other day i knocked some some boots AND got a cabinet!!! all in 5 easy trips! i even got a set of magic markers and jizzed.in.my.pants!!!!!

SHAMWOW!

• Any of you guys use Kijiji? I like how they have thumbnail pictures beside the listings.

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Any of you guys use Kijiji? I like how they have thumbnail pictures beside the listings.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21so many raerz:b, 21b, 21http://sandiego.kijiji.com/c-For-sale-Ot...QQAdIdZ84433822/a1

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Dude then panamanian printing of "lets get physical" has MAD BREAKZ. Copped!b, 21b, 21I'm dealing with a couple people right now trying to buy the Mackie Big Knob I got up for sale. I understand a couple emails back and forth haggling about the price, but do we really need to do 5 emails likeb, 21b, 21"still available?"b, 21"yes, pickup at my office in soho"b, 21"can i come look at it tomorrow"b, 21"like i said, its new, sealed in the box. If u want it, I'm here until 7"b, 21"cool"b, 21b, 21Are people looking to make friends?? Yes or no motherfucker...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21"Missed Connections" browsers, step forward!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Some of the most hilarious stuff ever written.b, 21b, 21When I ditched my futon and got a couch, I posted on CL that whoever could come take the futon away that day could have it for free. It took literally a minute and a half to get a response. Now that's efficiency.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21I just copped a 70s Tama drum set with cymbals and hardware for $75.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21damn, that's crazy! i've been thinking about upgrading my drums even though that means it'll take up more space and cause more noise. thanks for reminding me that a recession is the best time to browse craigslist listings

• corsiccorsic oakland, ca 232 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21Any of you guys use Kijiji? I like how they have thumbnail pictures beside the listings.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21so many raerz:
    b, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21Finally, a REAL reason to go back to visit my hometown (sorry mom and dad).b, 21b, 21CL can be nice when things work smoothly but it can also be one of the more annoying things out there. I hate fools that play games on there, like, when people put $1 as the price in the listing, and then $450 as the price in the body of the ad, F*ck that.b, 21I have to stay away from the music instruments page - a fool such as myself could become broke real fast from that page.b, 21b, 21I've been into giving shit away lately on CL, stuff that I wouldn't get much money for anyway, I'd rather someone get my shitty desk or old computer monitor for free than go out and buy another one that will eventually be unwanted.

• Drug dealing on craigslist has become so rampant that the city's special narcotics prosecutor has asked the online trading post to curb the ads, the Daily News has learned.b, 21Bridget Brennan's undercover investigators have bought drugs offered on craigslist personals from dealers ranging from a Citigroup banker to an Ivy Leaguer to a violent felon using a halfway house computer. In the past four years, her office has prosecuted dozens of dealers.b, 21"Ski lift tickets are here for sale ... Tina Turner tickets ... best seats around!" Offers like these appear virtually every day on craigslist, and they are thinly veiled ads posted by people hawking cocaine (ski) or crystal meth (cristina or tina).b, 21"Despite devoting considerable resources to prosecuting these cases, drug dealing is still thriving on craigslist," Brennan wrote craigslist CEO Jim Buckmaster. Brennan said she was inspired to act by a recent agreement between craigslist and attorneys general from 40 states to curb prostitution ads.b, 21"It's like shooting fish in a barrel," Brennan said of how easy it is to find dealers on craigslist.b, 21One undercover said he just types "ski" in the search field and up pops ad after ad with offers.b, 21"We respond to the ad, but it must lead to a meeting where the drug is exchanged for money, like any regular drug deal," the investigator said.b, 21 b, 21b, 21This terrible hustle has been going on a long while now.

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21"Ski lift tickets are here for sale ... Tina Turner tickets ... best seats around!"
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Dec 10 - font color="blue"1For Sale Bobby Brown records by the pound!--color--1/font1 - $45 - (Corona)b, 21Dec 10 - font color="blue"1Whitney memorabilia by the key will barter or take offers!--color--1/font1 - $1 - (Greenpoint)

• ahahahab, 21the funny thing is if both those offers were real they'd still be better than 90% of records people are selling on CL lol

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21ahahaha
    b, 21the funny thing is if both those offers were real they'd still be better than 90% of records people are selling on CL lol
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21sayin

• i love it when people take the time to itemize their crates of eagles records

/font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i love it when people take the time to itemize their crates of eagles records
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21it happens everyday, all over the world nowb, 21b, 21thanks Craig!!!!

• /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21"Missed Connections" browsers, step forward!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21Some of the most hilarious stuff ever written.
    b, 21
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21I had one of these written about me by a New Yorker with a sweetlongdongsicle.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21
    /font1
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21i love it when people take the time to itemize their crates of eagles records
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1
    b, 21
    b, 21it happens everyday, all over the world now
    b, 21
    b, 21thanks Craig!!!!
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21b, 21Shit is heart breaking when people spend hours building a spread sheet and data base for a bunch of craptastic worthnothingless BS. b, 21b, 21b, 21Here is a good one:b, 21b, 21collectible beattles album - $1200 (sandy)b, 21Reply to: a href="mailto:sale-952143758@craigslist.org"1sale-952143758@craigslist.org/a1 [?]b, 21Date: 2008-12-09, 9:56PM PSTb, 21b, 21b, 21My granny has a beattles record (vinyl) it is songs pictures and stories of the fabulous beattles. have pictures available. it is from vj records. sleeve is in good condition. some fraying along the edges, a little rip in the sleeve. it is the orginal sleeve from 1964, so it is in surprising consition for its age. we are asking 1200 obo and this was the appraised price from a local dealer.b, 21b, 21b, 21b, 21Its hard because you want to be tell them that if they subtracted the last three numbers of their asking price they may have something closer to the real value. b, 21b, 21I don't know why I always feel bad for people like this but I do. Its like they think they are going to be able to pay for their Aunt Mables Funeral on a $1 BeaTTLes Record, it just makes me sad.b, 21b, 21b, 21But, on the flip side I guess I have no problem buying their records when they aren't crap...so I guess it is in a way personal struggle. Feeling bad for those that don't know, feeling bad when you know what they don't.

• Craig's list is great but some people do not know how to play the game. My wife and I have found some great stuff. Once my mother in law saw the kind of deals we got she decided to start checking it. Only the stuff she gets is awful. She bought a $500 lap top that didn't work and had a broken keyboard. A couch with busted ass cushions and an ugly ass bed frame. I don't know what the hell she is thinking with this shit, but I want to petition to get her banned from Craig's list.