DJ AM before his surgery..........

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody have pics of DJ AM before his gastric bypass or whatever he had done? How much did he weigh?

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    He really wasn't that big. Maybe 250. For a lot of people that's nothing, but you can see by how scrawny he is so that was all fat. I don't know why he had that surgery really. He didn't look that bad. Just saw a thing on some hollywood TV show a couple weeks ago. I bet good old Mrs Richie put him up to it (just kidding). I guess with the DJ life it can be hard to get to the gym, but whatever............

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    It's not that hard to get to a gym and remember you can do sit ups and push ups where ever you are for free!

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    It's not that hard to get to a gym and remember you can do sit ups and push ups where ever you are for free!

hell yeah but you can't do 90s in the living room without busting your shin on the coffee table.

remember that.

Yea, that's my attitued. I've just heard a lot of DJ/Musician give the "I have a crazy schedule" excuse. Hell I work 7 days a week and still get to the gym!

Couldn't find pics, but the one site I found was the Insider. Says he was up to 324 and now he's 170. The one pic I saw on TV he didn't look that big.

http://insider.tv.yahoo.com/celeb/insdr20050704t095300002624/

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    340 to 170!?
    Nicole must really be into skinflaps, 'cause under homeboy's t-shirt must be a nightmare.

Wait for it....

Wait for it....

Eeeeeyahhhhh!
    IMG SRC=http://www.lovegevity.com/img/maria_before4a.jpg>

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Yea, that's my attitued. I've just heard a lot of DJ/Musician give the "I have a crazy schedule" excuse. Hell I work 7 days a week and still get to the gym!

but when you're working 8am-10pm, it's impossible to work out consistently.

but when you're working 8am-10pm, it's impossible to work out consistently.

True, but I doubt that's AM's schedule. And if you really have to work that much, that's when you just have to be hard on your self with food intake. A lot fo people working crazy schedules get by with coffee, sugar and fast food and that spells FAT. Eat fruit, make your own good lunch and drink tea, tea, water, juice and it will help. Worked for me.

BTW I'm sure AM had plenty of plastic surgery to correct those flaps. Dudes a damn Frankenstein. Band my stomach and cut my flaps!!!!!!

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    I was trying to digest this afternoon's bbq... but now...

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts

.... (gasp gasp) See what happens!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Even back when we were 10 years old he was always heavy.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    there was a photo spread in star or us weekly about two months ago (i used to work for a guy who had a subscription, aiight). one shot of a happy chubby dj am, right next to a shot of the moody scrawny dude he is now.

there was a photo spread in star or us weekly about two months ago (i used to work for a guy who had a subscription, aiight). one shot of a happy chubby dj am, right next to a shot of the moody scrawny dude he is now.

Those sound like the same photo's I saw on TV. Went from "hey I love my job" to "hey I want some fucking food!".

Plus, if he wasn't dating Nicole he wouldn't be in the news at all.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I saw a picture of him at a higher weight. He looked fairly large. Not Fat Joe big though. I used to be 230 and now I'm 170. Even at 230 lbs I wasn't that big. People really didn't start noticing my loss until I hit about 200 or 190.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    that Gastric surgery stuff is such bullshit.

people messing with that and Atkins are gonna have some severe health issues in about 10 years.

whatever happened to actually taking care of yourself?

• that Gastric surgery stuff is such bullshit.

people messing with that and Atkins are gonna have some severe health issues in about 10 years.

Yo man, I gotta call you on this. You are 110 sopping wet. i know that is the opposite extreme, but alot of folks would kill to have that metabolism.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    325 = fatty boomlatty

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    that Gastric surgery stuff is such bullshit.

Yo man, I gotta call you on this. You are 110 sopping wet. i know that is the opposite extreme, but alot of folks would kill to have that metabolism.

thats 120 dry as a bone thank you very much

but truth be told I exercise a whole lot and watch what foods I eat.

and being obese is a serious issue, ever seen "Supersize Me"? the dude getting the surgery was drinking a double big gulp DAILY...and he thinks shrinking the size of his stomach will be the answer?

its almost like letting go of the responsability of taking care of yourself. same with Atkins, giving up all the nutrients and vitamins of breads and grains in the hopes of shedding pounds isn't all that healthy.

watch health concerns change in a real drastic way in about a decade

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    its almost like letting go of the responsability of taking care of yourself.

"Almost like?" That's exactly what it is. Generally speaking, we're not talking about people who are carrying around an extra 25 pounds or have a spare tire they'd like to get rid of. We're talking people who are morbidly obese. That sort of weight gain is not the sort of thing that happens overnight (and I don't understand how people can let themselves get to that point), yet they basically want an overnight solution.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

"Almost like?" That's exactly what it is. Generally speaking, we're not talking about people who are carrying around an extra 25 pounds or have a spare tire they'd like to get rid of. We're talking people who are morbidly obese. That sort of weight gain is not the sort of thing that happens overnight (and I don't understand how people can let themselves get to that point), yet they basically want an overnight solution.

dont judge man. Contrary to what some people think, its actually not so incredibly easy for everyone to stay in impeccable shape. People have different metabolisms and different energy levels. For someone that might be facing an onset of diabetes, that might have struggled with a weight problem their entire life, its a little more than a case of just "letting themselves go".

Im not saying theres no other way for them to change their life, but for people who have never had to deal with that kind of shit to be sitting here pointing fingers is totally stupid.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    for people who have never had to deal with that kind of shit to be sitting here pointing fingers is totally stupid.

Exactly. I used to be the skinniest dude I knew. Probably as skinny as Guzzo. I was about 130 four years ago. Now I'm 170. I was always the guy saying exactly what Guzzo is saying, but now that I'm actually trying to shed a few pounds I can see why people have trouble. Just as Bsides said, having and maintaining the energy level to excersise on a regular basis is a lot harder with a slower metabolism. But people like to judge and people like to condemn, so I don't really expect some of you to understand that.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

Folks will abuse it, i.e. sick rich kids with little investment in anything but themselves. That's hardly a reason to punish those that are legitimately morbidly obese.

Im not saying theres no other way for them to change their life, but for people who have never had to deal with that kind of shit to be sitting here pointing fingers is totally stupid.

word, cosign

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    its not about judging, what I am saying is it is not at all healthy to simply cut your stomach in half as opposed to making the effort to eat correctly and exercise.

just because your stomach is smaller does not mean what you are taking in is healthier. Obesity ain't no joke, but lethargy can be a contributing factor. In the example I stated before the guy geting the surgery was going through a double gulp (2 liters) of soda a day. Soda ain't healthy to begin with and if your hitting that weighty level where your health is failing an obvious decision should be to drop soda and maybe just drink water and juice.

long story short there really is no shortcut to health...you gotta work at it, and the older you get the harder you gotta work.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

long story short there really is no shortcut to health...you gotta work at it, and the older you get the harder you gotta work.

don't folla our example

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

don't folla our example

Your boy lost 30 lbs on that VH1 show...and he didit without getting surgery...proof is in the pudding

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

My brother in law had this surgery before he met my sis & dropped 100 pounds. I think he could have done the same if he ate better: dude ate alot of unhealthy stuff. His eating habits aren't that great today & the weight is starting to creep back up on him. You gotta make some real lifestyle changes if you want to keep that shit off.

h

• dayday 9,612 Posts

dont judge man. Contrary to what some people think, its actually not so incredibly easy for everyone to stay in impeccable shape. People have different metabolisms and different energy levels. For someone that might be facing an onset of diabetes, that might have struggled with a weight problem their entire life, its a little more than a case of just "letting themselves go".

Absolutely.

I agree there's a definite degree of personaly responsibility, but some people are genetically inclined to be big. Much like some people are inclined to be human stick figures.

I've seen people do basically everything you're "supposed to do" (ie. walk miles a day, eat good foods, small portions etc.) and still not loose much weight.

So keep your self righteousness to a minimum, yeah?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

So keep your self righteousness to a minimum, yeah?

wow, messages get twisted a whole lot in these threads...

Day,

I am not looking down at folks I am saying that gastric bypass (or Atkins for that matter) is not the key to a healthier life. It may be a quick fix but if you don't change your diet/ exercise habits too your doing nothing but allowing yourself to continue being just as unhealthy and fooling yourself with the physical appearence of a skinny man.

I got both love and respect for my fat folks and as someone who has had issues with weight on the opposite end of the spectrum I can understand how a metabloism can mess you over from being at the weight you wanna be at.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I got both love and respect for my fat folks

Location?