Black Cat 45/Baghat Vinyl?

litemus5litemus5 132 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
What exactly is the deal with these Baghat Vinyl guys? I (and some beatdigging friends of mine) are trying to get our hands on that Black Cat 45 they've got (supposedly) selling on their website only to find out that they're not selling it for some reason. Is this the way they do business and wasn't soulstrut also selling this 45 at one point?

Comments

• I think Baghat has been out of the game for a while.

• What about the Peripheral Enterprises record company the 45 came out under, do they have like a website or a myspace page that they can be contacted regarding this matter?

• Does anyone out in Soulstrut land know where else is selling the Black Cat 45? I've got to get my hands on it. Also, does Soulstrut plan on selling it again?

• good one.

• I used your reference Qou and came up with this interesting review on Baghat Vinyl's performance record when delivering vinyl. Apparently other people have been burned by these dudes as well.b, 21b, 21a href="http://www.gemm.com/c/feedback.pl?&refno=66229306" target="_blank"1http://www.gemm.com/c/feedback.pl?&refno=66229306/a1

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I contacted Baghat and he will hopefully be back up to speed in January.b, 21He's had some serious health issues as of late and been out the game.b, 21Baghat's always been a pro as far as I'm aware.

• dave is one of the most stand up guys i have ever met. last i talked to him he said his mother was sick (i think this was about a year ago). the site is awol but he says he's selling out of his house. trying to contact him usually takes a while. he is on facebook, try baghat vinyl. i just hope everything is okay with him.

• Dave is no crook - I believe he is just out of pocket for the time being due to family obligations. I haven't been able to get in touch when I'm down in his area but he's got a good heart and isn't in the business of jerking people over records.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    hello all,b, 21b, 21thanks to dave of davesrecords for emailing me about this post. to respond to the above.. yes, i have been dealing with some family issues that have prevented me from dealing with my online business. is that "unbusinesslike".. yes.. but.. my mind has not been there for over a year and a half.. and i should have made changes.. etc.. but i have not. b, 21b, 212 issues- 1- my mother has cancer (as stating a long time ago on soulstrut)-b, 21 2- my marriage of 12 years has damn near come to an end.. anyone that knows me knows that i am a family man (i would take my wife and children to shows with me sometimes).. i miss my children.. and this has basically torn my heart out. b, 21b, 21First, am i a Crook? hell no. i won't even go deeper into that type shiz.b, 21b, 21I know that Jonny Paycheck, DJ Yasushi, and other US and overseas clients have been trying to contact me for a good minute about buying vinyl from my home.. and to correct Dave about selling records from my home.. i was doing that until the marriage issues popped up.. my vinyl still resides in the home where my "wife" and children are.. i no longer live there.. so the inhome sales have stopped. i am looking for a new spot, and will more than likely be able to resume everything in January. b, 21b, 21i know i am putting my biz out there for the world to see.. but anyone that knows me personally knows that i am no "KL from Canada". I will resume my biz in January as it looks for now.. i know of a few orders that have not gotten out from awhile ago, but when i get a hold of my vinyl, those issues will be taken care of. the po box on my website is no longer mine due to nonpayment as i have not been there in over a year. i will try to go today or tomorrow to see if anything is there.. but i would assume they have been marked returned to sender by now. b, 21b, 21i will also check my site for any orders since i really haven't been on the site since August to change the date on the hompage. hopefully, we can all remain friends, biz associates or whatever.. life got all in my azz.. and i am dealing with it the best way possible. if not, then i truly understand.. and i apologize for anyone who is/has been offended.b, 21b, 21to my man soulero.. my apologies for real.. our biz will continue in 2009. b, 21anyone who has placed an order will get a personal call/email from me within the next few days or so.. and any issues will be resolved. b, 21b, 21thanks again to all who kept in touch with me and know my situation.b, 21b, 21-dave at baghat

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h, 21
    b, 21hello all,
    b, 21
    b, 21thanks to dave of davesrecords for emailing me about this post. to respond to the above.. yes, i have been dealing with some family issues that have prevented me from dealing with my online business. is that "unbusinesslike".. yes.. but.. my mind has not been there for over a year and a half.. and i should have made changes.. etc.. but i have not.
    b, 21
    b, 212 issues- 1- my mother has cancer (as stating a long time ago on soulstrut)-
    b, 21 2- my marriage of 12 years has damn near come to an end.. anyone that knows me knows that i am a family man (i would take my wife and children to shows with me sometimes).. i miss my children.. and this has basically torn my heart out.
    b, 21
    b, 21First, am i a Crook? hell no. i won't even go deeper into that type shiz.
    b, 21
    b, 21I know that Jonny Paycheck, DJ Yasushi, and other US and overseas clients have been trying to contact me for a good minute about buying vinyl from my home.. and to correct Dave about selling records from my home.. i was doing that until the marriage issues popped up.. my vinyl still resides in the home where my "wife" and children are.. i no longer live there.. so the inhome sales have stopped. i am looking for a new spot, and will more than likely be able to resume everything in January.
    b, 21
    b, 21i know i am putting my biz out there for the world to see.. but anyone that knows me personally knows that i am no "KL from Canada". I will resume my biz in January as it looks for now.. i know of a few orders that have not gotten out from awhile ago, but when i get a hold of my vinyl, those issues will be taken care of. the po box on my website is no longer mine due to nonpayment as i have not been there in over a year. i will try to go today or tomorrow to see if anything is there.. but i would assume they have been marked returned to sender by now.
    b, 21
    b, 21i will also check my site for any orders since i really haven't been on the site since August to change the date on the hompage. hopefully, we can all remain friends, biz associates or whatever.. life got all in my azz.. and i am dealing with it the best way possible. if not, then i truly understand.. and i apologize for anyone who is/has been offended.
    b, 21
    b, 21to my man soulero.. my apologies for real.. our biz will continue in 2009.
    b, 21anyone who has placed an order will get a personal call/email from me within the next few days or so.. and any issues will be resolved.
    b, 21
    b, 21thanks again to all who kept in touch with me and know my situation.
    b, 21
    b, 21-dave at baghat
    b, 21
    b, 21
    h, 21
    font class="post"1b, 21b, 21Damn, Dave, I'm sorry to hear that. I can't imagine having to deal with those situations let alone both at the same time. I hope everything works out for you and your family.b, 21b, 21That said, I will stand by dude 100%. I bought records a while ago and after a couple weeks, I sent him an email asking him what was up. That same day I got a phone call at home and he was straight up about what was going on and apologized for the delay. My records arrived the next week. I have a lot of respect for the way he handled everything. b, 21b, 21There's a lot of shady motherfuckers in the record game, but Legend is not one of them.