Raw Belize Funk is what IS.

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited July 2005 in Announcements
Coming in a matter of weeks from Chicago's own Numero Group (re-issue label): "Cult Cargo: Belize City Boil Up."A brilliant compilation for those hip to and those not-so-hip to this scene. Includes the Soul Creations' "Funky Jive." I'm not sure if any of these tracks have had a legit U.S. release. I can't wait for this to drop.Track listing:01. Lord Rhaburn . Disco Connection02. Harmonettes . Can't Go Halfway03. Jesus Acosta & The Professionals . Guajida04. The Web . The Same Old Me05. Professionals . A Part Of Being With You06. Lord Rhaburn . More Love Reggae07. Professionals . The Back Stabbers08. The Web . Rated G09. Harmonettes . Shame Shame Shame10. Soul Creations . Funky Jive Part II11. Lord Rhaburn . Don't Fight It12. Nadia Cattouse . Long Time Boy13. Lord Rhaburn . Boogaloo A La Chuck14. Professionals . Theme From The Godfather15. The Web . Things Are Going To Work Out Right16. Soul Creations . Funky Jive Part I

Comments

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Website info anybody?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Website info anybody?

Here you go. Info isn't up now but will be soon, I'm guessing. Perhaps you're familiar with their high-octane Capsoul or Bandit label comps.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

03. Jesus Acosta & The Professionals . Guajida

What is this from?

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Sounds good, I'll probably grab one up.

• Options

03. Jesus Acosta & The Professionals . Guajida

What is this from?

There's a 45 of that track - think it's CES, too...gotta check.

K.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    I've got a burgandy label CES 45 of them but I forget if it's that track.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts

I have originals of most of this stuff is anyone is interested.