No One Listens to Detroit Techno.

unityunity 179 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
I saw scan 7 at the t.v. bar in the D last night, and honestly, about 25 people showed up for it. On a Thursday night? Come on. I feel like most Detroit techno shows are like this in Detroit. What's going on? Regardless, scan 7 and DJ Surgeon killed it.

Comments

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    what's techno?

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    A couple years ago I saw Theo Parrish perform with a live band in Rotterdam. I was one of about 10 people in the crowd, kinda painful.

• unityunity 179 Posts
    I feel like these dudes draw bigger crowds in Europe, but maybe that's not the case. Maybe only the big 3 draw crowds.

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    saw carl craig the night germany lost the euro finals this year... img src="/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oof.gif" alt="" 21

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I feel like these dudes draw bigger crowds in Europe, but maybe that's not the case. Maybe only the big 3 draw crowds. b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Are you just learning about Detroit techno or something?b, 21b, 21Being unappreciated on a large scale in the D is a fundamental part of the music's history.b, 21b, 21Besides, although the music itself is still alive, it was a brilliant era that came and went. Don't be so surprised.