Tim Maia Racional Vol. 3

YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
edited November 2008 in Strut Central
Can somebody please clarify whether there is a Racional Vol.3 or not?b, 21b, 21If there is: Was this released posthumously / as a bootleg only?b, 21b, 21Also, Trama records did I a nice job with Vol. 1 re-releasing it on CD with a remastered-from-orginal-tapes + orginal-vinyl-versions featuring a total of 18 tracks. Is Vol. 2 available in a similar format?

Comments

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21Can somebody please clarify whether there is a Racional Vol.3 or not?b, 21b, 21If there is: Was this released posthumously / as a bootleg only?b, 21b, 21Also, Trama records did I a nice job with Vol. 1 re-releasing it on CD with a remastered-from-orginal-tapes + orginal-vinyl-versions featuring a total of 18 tracks. Is Vol. 2 available in a similar format? b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21I never heard about vol. 3.b, 21There is a remixed volume released in 2006.b, 21Maybe is this on you're thinking of?b, 21I'm not sure, but volume 2 wasn't reissued yet.b, 21I'll check around and let you know if I find b, 21anything positive about it.b, 21b, 21b, 21Peace

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I know there was a 45 that is slept on, not sure if that is Racional 3.....

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h, 21b, 21I know there was a 45 that is slept on, not sure if that is Racional 3..... b, 21b, 21h, 21
    b, 21b, 21Not sure about that but one thing's for sure none of the Brazilian dealers sleep on Tim Maia. Instant high prices for any of his stuff regardless of year and condition which is unfortunate.

• I'm pretty sure there is no Vol. 3b, 21b, 21I know there is a "Vol. 1: Outakes and Extras" so that makes 3 total Racional releases. That might be what your looking for.

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    There are numerous google hit for it, but mostly on Brazilian websites which I can not read. b, 21 b, 21b, 21It's supposedly an unreleased thing that makes its rounds as a CDR (just like Vol. 2 on Brazilian bootlegs) and this is apparently the tracklisting:b, 21b, 211. Universo em desencanto discob, 212. Escritura????o racional (Take 1)b, 213. Escritura????o racional (Take 2)b, 214. Brasil racionalb, 215. You gotta be rational

• My bad, i've never seen those covers for Vol 3. b, 21b, 21the Vol 1 'Outakes & Extras' has almost the same tracklist as what you posted. So I infer it's a bootleg that sometimes is called Vol 3 and somethins Outakes n' Extras. With vaguely different track listings.b, 21b, 21Either way if you track that down please to post. I'll take anything I can get from Mr. TM during that period.

• b, 21Volume 3 was recorded, nearly completed, but subsequently shelved due to Tim Maia's differences with the whole Rational Energy cult thing. It's been unofficially available on the interweb for a while, last I heard Maia's people may have finally agreed to go ahead with a proper release. I think there was some reluctance on their part due to its associations with said cult along with the fact that not all the tracks were properly finished. b, 21b, 21Volume 2 is my schitt.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Love Maia but those Vol 3 covers are in much need of help.b, 21Tim Maia albums should not look like they're from CD Baby.

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    Will post, once found.b, 21b, 21b, 21More confusion here:b, 21 http://img.mercadolivre.com.br/jm/img?s=MLB&f=75678068_1788.jpg&v=P b, 21b, 21b, 21Also, any idea whether this is worth tracking down?b, 21 http://rraurl.uol.com.br/files/resenhas/cp_timmaiamix.jpgb, 21b, 21(Sorry, image links do not work.)

• These are some of the trippiest, funkiest concept albums ever recorded. I like vol. 1, but love vol 2, I'm interested in hearing this sketchy vol. 3... please post a snippet if ya got it...

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    /font1
    b, 21b, 21That Tim Maia Remixado was released last year,b, 21if I'm not wrong.b, 21I'll try to grab it if it's still for sale andb, 21let you guys know the deal.b, 21I got a bit fearful when I saw the name of theb, 21people who made the remixes, but didn't listen to them,b, 21though.b, 21b, 21Probably, that volume 3 is some bootleg/shady bizznizz.