99% of all GOOD music available to everyone

spcspc 534 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
What would you think would happen if 99% of all good funky music would be available to everyone, let's say for download via the internet and on cds or vinyl reissues. Would you think that would be a positive thing?Over the last years I've met two kinds of people when digging, doing research on records and stuff: there are those, who are very secretive about their knowledge and rarely share information and there are the others who don't hesitate to drop some knowledge and try to educate you and give some good advice. The whole situation would be different if everyone had access to all music and I would've perhaps had earlier access to better music. But instead so much good music is buried under all that trash that's available today and get 99% of airplay.

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    99% of all people dont like GOOD music

• spcspc 534 Posts
    99% of all people dont like GOOD music

Perhaps because they don't know about it.

• I think a good portion of the best music is available through download, cd or vinyl reissue. Not all, of course, but a huge amount.

• Options
    I think a good portion of the best music is available through download, cd or vinyl reissue. Not all, of course, but a huge amount.

Naaahhhhhhhhhhh.

K.

• I think a good portion of the best music is available through download, cd or vinyl reissue. Not all, of course, but a huge amount.

Pretty much, as long as we're still talking about the 99% of people who listen to music just recreationally and wouldn't think of spending $20 on a dirty old scratchy record. ie NOT us necessarily.

I'm from the school of thought that unless you're a collector or somebody with a serious interest there's no reason to pursue expensive originals over cheap and available reissues (as long as the reissues are legitimate). There are nuggets out there, definitely, but more for serious collectors of specific genres.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    What would you think would happen if 99% of all [/b] ([/b]good funky)[/b] music[/b] would be available to everyone, let's say for download via the internet and on cds or vinyl reissues. Would you think that would be a positive thing?

Yes.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    The reason people are secretive is because of a financial interest.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

"Props for letting me in on the ground floor of that secret squirrel breakz jawn, yo!"

Deal with it, poptart.

"Deal with it, poptart."

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Deal with it, poptart.

Not a good look.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

"Deal with it, poptart."[/b]

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Wow...welcome to snobstrut. Folks on here really think they got superior taste to others don't they?

There is a ton of good music out there and there are tons of people that listen to it. Not all good music is scratchy R&B/ Psychadelic vinyl. Good music still comes out weekly and as demonstrated in other posts soulstrutters just aren't checkin for the new stuff.

Oh and one more thing...

Taste is subjective

"That was my anthonypearson-faux_rillz mash up."[/b]

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Please keep me out of your thoughts, you little poptarts.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Get out of my dreams, get into my yacht.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Wow...welcome to snobstrut. Folks on here really think they got superior taste to others don't they?

[The reason why I am posting a list of the contents of my crates is so that] lurkers and even littler dudes than me can go ahead and use this as some sort of checklist.

Please keep my Yachts out of your thoughts, you little poptarts.

Taste is subjective
    Goodness isn't.

• Options
    I was simply stating that there is plenty of good music that isn't available via download.

K.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Taste is subjective
    Goodness isn't.

Exactly. There's good taste and poor taste as well. It IS subjective.