GURU - 'season for change' - anyone heard this??

knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Just found this on vinyl. It is a collaboration that he did with DJ Krush and Ronny Jordan (jazz guitarist) from 1994. Pretty good IMO, but id would like to know how the Guru/Ganstarr heads feel about it.

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Just found this on vinyl. It is a collaboration that he did with DJ Krush and Ronny Jordan (jazz guitarist) from 1994. Pretty good IMO, but id would like to know how the Guru/Ganstarr heads feel about it.

I don't wanna hear it unless there's a spoken intro where Ronny Jordan puts guitarists who use effects pedals on blast as "newjack toys who ain't keeping it real for the streets."

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I don't wanna hear it unless there's a spoken intro where Ronny Jordan puts guitarists who use effects pedals on blast as "newjack toys who ain't keeping it real for the streets."

I hope he calls out that dope guitarist Young Ronny Jordan.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Dopest Jordan guitarist is Stanley.[/b]

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    It's always easier to shift the blame.

yeah. I dig that track. the instrumental track on the flip with the Krush scratch drum solos is good too but rest is a little too acid jazzy sounding.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    It's always easier to shift the blame.

yeah. I dig that track. the instrumental track on the flip with the Krush scratch drum solos is good too but rest is a little too acid jazzy sounding.

my thoughts exactly, the rest of the EP is where those two tracks make it worth it.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Got the Ronny Jordan CD. Always been a fan of his.