unreleased marvin gaye 45 acetate

kalakala 3,359 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
"hanging on"; -fucker is raw-.........listenhttp://cgi.ebay.com/MONSTER-NORTHERN-SOU...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Any guesses on the final price???

• Sounds really good!

Dress

• soulcitizensoulcitizen 304 Posts

its been previously issued on a marvin cd 'lost and found' of all unreleased 60's material. if you think that's good and you haven't heard the cd - be prepared to be pummelled into motown submission. theres a few 'lost and found' cd's of other motown artists too, all unreleased material.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Any guesses on the final price???

def 5 or 6 grand...maybe 10. More than likely a British dude will win and with the weak dollar, it will be a bargain for a serious soul dude.

i'm sure the seller is listing in good faith, but does this really look like an authentic 60's studio acetate out of motown from the mid 60's? it certainly doesn't look like any i've seen before, they have solid centres, no motown label. now the cynic in me says that someone could buy the cd and cut that off and list it as a one-off, i'd certainly want more than an ebay listing to shell out for it, i could do the same job and press that up now with a spare white label and an old typewriter... and the person at jobete can't type the name of the publishing correctly???? smells pretty fish to me.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

i'm sure the seller is listing in good faith, but does this really look like an authentic 60's studio acetate out of motown from the mid 60's? it certainly doesn't look like any i've seen before, they have solid centres, no motown label. now the cynic in me says that someone could buy the cd and cut that off and list it as a one-off, i'd certainly want more than an ebay listing to shell out for it, i could do the same job and press that up now with a spare white label and an old typewriter... and the person at jobete can't type the name of the publishing correctly???? smells pretty fish to me.

Hard to tell....I've had King & Federal label acetates that look EXACTLY like that one that had been made by a DJ at a radio station. Seller claims he got it from an ex-employee but I think I'd want some more info before I plunked down $10K for it.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

jobete can't type the name of the publishing correctly???? smells pretty fish to me.

that doesnt mean much...Ive had a few authentic Stax acetates pass through my hands and even though they had hand written lables...a few had butchered titles and artists names on them.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Cosign on what people have said about expecting this to go through the roof. Desirable artist, "one-off" acetate, great song, weak US$$, some UK dude will pay!! If I could buy it I would. Definitely one to add to the watchlist.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Wow, I need that Lost & Found CD.

I'm guessing around 8k for the end price.

That seller is quite legit and has come up with some absolutely insane records in the past.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I was just looking to get that CD a little while ago, it also has "It's A Desperate Situation" as well:

• FunkyFlatulentFunkyFlatulent 1,106 Posts
    off subject. I noticed there's a week left and it has 22 bids. Can somebody please explain why anyone would bid on a record with a week left?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I was just looking to get that CD a little while ago, it also has "It's A Desperate Situation" as well:

Anyone have this on mp3?

Please?

cd is on amazon for under $10, and for download. i don't have the full cd, just the original one from the box set thats got less tracks and doesn't contain the one discussed here. i don't doubt the seller but the uk northen soul scene has been shrouded in dodgy dealings for 40 years, it wouldn't be the first time a stunt has been pulled over one of the bestin the business, it's a big money market. i'd also be looking for some kind of guarantee of authenticity on it.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Oh. I thought it was only the download. Just bought it. Thanks.