post some raw-assed 50s guitar (audio related)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited May 2008 in Strut Central
post a song with some raw-assed 50s guitar...I can never get too much if this. Plaese to dont post that Peg-Leg Jenkins "deuce and a quarter" is the shit with no audio to back it up...audio thread plaese.Frankie Lee Sims "Well Goodbye Baby"..just picked up an old "Ace Story Volume 5" LP and this floored me

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Ain't no discussion of raw-ass 1950's guitar without this 45...Link Wray's "Rumble."[/b]

From 1954, but sounds like 1957..."Space Guitar" by Johnny "Guitar" Watson.[/b]

Technically from 1963, but same vibe..."Bust Out" by the Busters.[/b]

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Early 60's, but the Pinetop fits the bill:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Lightnin' Jimmy Bryant: There's a comp of a majority of his stuff. The clip is short. Buy it.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I was looking through 45s for ones to get rid of last weekend & saw this one, don't know much about it but it's a pretty raw "Guitar Boogie Shuffle" cover with pretty much everyone going off, love the double bass break too. The flip is a lo-fi version of "Kansas City" with a tough basic Chuck Berry style solo too, but by Rocky Olson, seems they each got one side of this 45 each. I think I initially bought it for Kansas City a while ago, but I like this side more now.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Travis Wammack is early 60s, but his big hit has braekbeet fast. This was put on a few comps, namely the Ace ones, Teen Beat

WOW, I haven't heard this song in a long time!!

Much appreciated. SCRATCHY IS THE SHIT. Definitely think about this song whenever I hear any version of SDG's I'M A MAN.

- spidey