Weekend Finds 28-30th

TreehouseTreehouse 120 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
It's the weekend! Found these batch of goodies at a yard sale. About 75 cents each. Theres about 150 records or so, and about 75 of them were sealed! Got another large batch to look through on saturday. Stoked.

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    yard sale.

eh? where do you live?

• couple decent ones in there.

• nessness 249 Posts
    you done damn good. couple raers in there.

• TreehouseTreehouse 120 Posts
    im in utah.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    im in utah.

hotbed of sealed soul lps!

nah, nice finds. that craps LP is funny. General Crook LP sucks.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    umm, please to send the extra arzachel and next mornings this way

• TreehouseTreehouse 120 Posts
    im in utah.

hotbed of sealed soul lps!

nah, nice finds. that craps LP is funny. General Crook LP sucks.
    General Crook didnt really excite me when i listened. Hey, for 75 cents, it was worth checking out.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    umm, please to send the extra arzachel and next mornings this way

i'd sell... pm!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    It's the weekend! Found these batch of goodies at a yard sale. About 75 cents each. Theres about 150 records or so, and about 75 of them were sealed! Got another large batch to look through on saturday. Stoked.

These are fuckin amazing records to find at a yard sale. Good job dude.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts

These are fuckin amazing records to find at a yard sale. Good job dude.

I envy you man....

It's similar scores that got me really spoiled. Now and days , I'm really cheap with records,I really hunt ish down a lot more which is good because since then I stepped my game up a lot . Although there's always that occasional must-have which is worth spending more money on.

• wow -- heavy shit!!

whats that FUSIOON album like?? ive got one 7 by them - "farsa del buenvivir" - which is savage....

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

wow -- heavy shit!!

whats that FUSIOON album like?? ive got one 7 by them - "farsa del buenvivir" - which is savage....

that's the first track on side A. i don't really like the crocodile lp. i like their first one better. but the one in the picture could be interesting for sample friends. although i can't hear any big loops or decent solos with grooves. does that even make sense??? the singing is HORRIBLE!!!

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

wait, what? no!

damn dun, lemme hold somethin!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

wait, what? no!

damn dun, lemme hold somethin!

Nice post.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    what the fuck kind of yard sale collection is that???
    womb & willie and the mighty magnificents??
    flasher, jean leccia, sound foundation, eight minutes, ernie hines and giorgio?
    half of em sealed??? weird combinations

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    now that I take a second look at it ....

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    some 50 cent'rs and few $1-2 jawns (the Dylan was $7)

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

I think it is just a really nice score , and why would he lie?

Notice the amount of records with the same circular stickers on them, obviously from the same place.

I say it's legit.... I need to hollar at a yard sale like that though!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I wish I could find a yard sale with those records!! If I said I found these at a yard sale for 75c ea. I would be lying, if I said they are all OG, I'd also be lying. The only original is the Syndicate Of Sound "Brown Paper Bag" 45, next week I'll post my CD finds

Some damn fine music though nonetheless.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    And just to be a dick, because this unnecessary pic quoting really pisses me off.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

yo yard sales are where it's at. I always rejected diggin through someones shit placed on there lawn. Nowadays if you aren't following those little signs that say "yard sales or Garage sales", you might be missing out on something.

Notice the amount of records with the same circular stickers on them, obviously from the same place.

daaaaaang...i didnt notice those stickers.
    well goodgodamn then, thats a ridiculous come up!!!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

yo yard sales are where it's at. I always rejected diggin through someones shit placed on there lawn. Nowadays if you aren't following those little signs that say "yard sales or Garage sales", you might be missing out on something.

yard sales > antique stores, thrift stores, flea markets.

not just for records, for EVERYTHING. im sooo fuckin excited that garage sale season is approaching.

and its not that surprising you found all those seemingly unrelated records sealed, after all, a lot of the shit we look for is hard to find because it didnt sell well, most of that shit was probably leftovers from some shop in the 70s...

i always find weird shit in peoples garage sale records. sometimes a box full of old-people-shit and then some psych on mainstream. lots of local bullshit gospel records and then some sealed latin. or tons of 50's &60's hits on 45 and out of nowhere something on toddlin' town. since this shit gets all mixed up at the thrifts or when somebody is re-selling at a flea market, sometimes its awesome to see somebodys personal collection in its original form. probably your best bet at getting a nice consistent collection all at once too.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

Unless he devilishly fiendish and he's been saving those stickers for his grand fake finds scheme.

Unless he devilishly fiendish and he's been saving those stickers for his grand fake finds scheme.

hahaaa. true true

in my experience yard sales are good if you have the time to go to a lot of them.
    flea markets should function as an accumulation of little yard sales....so you acn save time by hitting one spot. if you got time to hit every yardsale advertised in the paper, well then thats whats up.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Where's JLR?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    im in utah.

^^^Nice pull, glad to see you are coming up!!!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    ok, my veredict: this is not a case of FAKE FINDS.
    Low posts count dude and then out of nowhere he starts his own weekend finds thread. The reason? Exciment, he just needs to tell the world about his good luck.

Also, is this a bed we are looking at? If so, dude didn't even take the time to think he was just throwing rat pissed records on his sheets. REAL FINDER.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    (the Dylan was $7)

NOW, THIS IS A PIECE OF WIERD INFORMATION. DO WE REALY NEED TO KNOW THAT?