The "Amen Break" and the Golden Ratio

ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
http://www.constructingtheuniverse.com/Amen%20Break%20and%20GR.html
Because the ideal body's parts are in Golden Ratio relationships (everyone is stretched or compressed) each two levels (beginning at the brow downward) add to equal the length of the next level. I've turned the Amen Beat's waves vertically and put them next to the levels of the human body. It seems to me that the popularity of the Amen Break must have something to do with this appearance of the Golden Ratio in its timing structure. And furthermore, its expanding (and subdividing) Golden Ratios resemble the Golden divisions of the human body but in audible form. I suppose it might appear in music most conducive to dancing. And also singing and chanting, since a great deal of sacred architecture around the world had been consciously designed in the Golden Ratio to make such use of it's self-reflecting internal harmonious relationships.

Comments

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    http://www.constructingtheuniverse.com/Amen%20Break%20and%20GR.html

Because the ideal body's parts are in Golden Ratio relationships (everyone is stretched or compressed) each two levels (beginning at the brow downward) add to equal the length of the next level. I've turned the Amen Beat's waves vertically and put them next to the levels of the human body. It seems to me that the popularity of the Amen Break must have something to do with this appearance of the Golden Ratio in its timing structure. And furthermore, its expanding (and subdividing) Golden Ratios resemble the Golden divisions of the human body but in audible form. I suppose it might appear in music most conducive to dancing. And also singing and chanting, since a great deal of sacred architecture around the world had been consciously designed in the Golden Ratio to make such use of it's self-reflecting internal harmonious relationships.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I find it funny that someone can be intellectual enough to draw a comparison like this, but isn't adult enough to publish a picture of a line art penis.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I find it funny that someone can be intellectual enough to draw a comparison like this, but isn't adult enough to publish a picture of a line art penis.

The leaf is more polyrhythmic.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    1. that looks like the end of the amen waveform, where it gets more syncopated, and i think its safe to say that thats the least popular part of the break.

2. given that the parts that line up with the golden ratio are basically the same peaks on nearly ANY break, wouldnt this work just as well with, say, funky drummer, apache, or any number of popular breaks?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Nautalis should be the golden ratio break.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

2. given that the parts that line up with the golden ratio are basically the same peaks on nearly ANY break, wouldnt this work just as well with, say, funky drummer, apache, or any number of popular breaks?

Yea, this looks like every waveform of every old school break.

Post your breaks waveform or your soft!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Sayin. Plus you could run x amount of zoom scales until one lines up.

I probably have a hoagie laying around somewhere with the golden ratio, and the Da Vinci code if you look at it in a blacklight.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Most importantly..........more parts of that waveform DON'T line up.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

That's what I'm talking about. Now we need to find the Fibonacci break.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    OK, if this is the part of the amen break which fullfills the golden ratio criteria

Than it must be this sequence out of the break

As far as I want to belive this, there is one thing that makes me go hmmmmm

Listen to a loop of that part you see in the picture

This is no straight one bar loop.

"I cant dance to the music you playing"

It seems that this brings down the

Peace
    Hawkeye

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

• I'm calling for a "Golden Ratio Break" icon.

The SS Seal of Approval by which all others are measured.