That Red Alert mix from 89...

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Johnny. Please post up a downloadable version. I need to be able to pump that through iTunes!

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    About 6 months ago, Uncle Red was on the radio for mix-show weekend or something like that and he played a Manu Dibango record that almost caused my wife to have a car accident on Canal St. I mean t was that ill, and I had never heard it.

That is all.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    done... enjoy!

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    done... enjoy!

Thanks, DL'ing now...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Who's the man with the master plan? I heard on KISS with Red Alert!!!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Jonny you are just killing things. You are doing exactly what a person running a record shop should be doing. much appreciated.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    About 6 months ago, Uncle Red was on the radio for mix-show weekend or something like that and he played a Manu Dibango record that almost caused my wife to have a car accident on Canal St. I mean t was that ill, and I had never heard it.

That is all.

Dikalo/Salt Popcorn?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo Jonny,

Please hook me up with that mix, mane. Thanks!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yo Stacks,

it's on my website - www.goodrecordsnyc.com

Peace,
    Big Sklute From Grove & Spruce

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Good lookin', homie!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

That is all.

Dikalo/Salt Popcorn?

I seriously don't know. Shit was a neck-snapper.

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
    Dope!

Yo Jonny, what else did zvi have in that cd case?

• Dope!

What isn't in that case, is a better question...

Dope!

What isn't in that case, is a better question...

Zvi.. is that u? I'm gonna stop by the office tommorow...

• It is I says me. Come check me dude. I should be around most of the day.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    It's not a game, whatsoever.

• I was wondering how often was a dude like Red Alert on the radio back then with a show like this? Everyday? Once a week?

I cross my fingers that Chuck Chillout is up next. He has the coolest name in hip hop!

Holla,

Dress

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I got a bunch of Chuck & Red Alert things. I'll try and post some later.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I used to have some old Mr Magic tapes, no idea what happened to those though.

Mister Magic SUPER SUPER BLAST BLAST

that was the first place I heard It's my thing, Superfella Dana Dane, Pickin Boogers, Juice Crew Allstars, and a bunch of other stuff.

I was wondering how often was a dude like Red Alert on the radio back then with a show like this? Everyday? Once a week?

I cross my fingers that Chuck Chillout is up next. He has the coolest name in hip hop!

Holla,

Dress

Red was on Friday and Saturday nite on 98.7 kiss... I think the Friday mix started at 10pm... Saturday was the longer mix... Last I remember he was on from 6pm to either 10 or midnite....

He moved to Hot 97 after Emmis bought out kiss where he did both the rush hour and the old school at noon mix...