DOC question / "take that shit etc."

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Anyone familiar with the house remix of "Portrait Of A Masterpiece"? At the beginning, there's a sample of "You Can't Hide From Yourself", but there's another sample in there which I need to ID. I'm not talking about the Charles Earland sample, but the little seven-note synth flourish which punctuates the Teddy sample, and which appears throughout the song. Anybody know where that's from? I did, in fact, take that shit to the-breaks.com, but it's not listed there and I haven't got the stomach for wading through the forums, so all donations gratefully received.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    could u post the song?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    could u post the song?

It's that little phrase which appears first at the 0'03" point and thereafter.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    U sure that isnt a live keyboard?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    could u post the song?

Who did this remix? I only know the CJ Mackintosh one (which I think from memory has that same piano riff in it).

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    could u post the song?

Who did this remix? I only know the CJ Mackintosh one (which I think from memory has that same piano riff in it).

Yeah, this is the CJ and Dave Dorrell version.

Batmon - I guess it could be a live keyboard lick, but even at the time of its release I had a feeling I knew it from somewhere else.