What would you do if...

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
you caught someone stealing your purse?Mine has been stolen at work while I was gone for less than 20 minutes. From the inner pocket of my jacket. i put the jacket under my desk, so it must have been someone who knows where people hide their stuff. 3 other purses were stolen and several other things. damn! i had a lot of money with me (about 200 Euros), my credit card, my bank card, my driver's license, Swiss Francs (worth 75 Euros), my health insurance card, personal stuff.Why didn't that idiot just take the money? It will cost me at least 200 Euros to get all my IDs and bank cards back. What would you do if you caught someone stealing your purse. It's th only thing I can think about right know. And I have no idea what I would do. I'm clueless. Take him/her to the police? Beat him/her up? Talk to my boss? Lock him/her in my room and call the police? let him/her go and call the police?

Comments

• You rock a purse!?!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    what is the correct word? not a purse purse. but a wallet... is that the right word?

you know... my english is not perfect. plaese excuse.

• i would talk to you boss right now. file a complaint with the police. see if your boss will help pay for some of your loss, since he did not provide a safe environment for his workers.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    i would talk to you boss right now. file a complaint with the police. see if your boss will help pay for some of your loss, since he did not provide a safe environment for his workers.

RIGHT NOW.

Stop reading this, get up and go talk to your boss.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    i would talk to you boss right now. file a complaint with the police. see if your boss will help pay for some of your loss, since he did not provide a safe environment for his workers.

Yeah sounds like the best route to take though I wouldn't be surprised if HR have documentation stating they are not held responsible for anything left on the premises.

What kind of place do you work in Grope? Seems strange that anyone in an office would risk stealing that amount of items considering the short list of suspects that would be involved when the police are called in.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

i have a key to my room, but since we had to clear out one of our storage rooms and my room is being used as interim storage, i left it open. people walk in and out of my room all the time.

i went to the police. but what can they do? last hope are the Swiss Francs. The thieve willp probably try to exchange the money. there are just three banks in town that have an exchange service and i told them about it. and i know how much it was and what kind of banknotes were inside my wallet. i can't wait to see who's trying to change those 90 Francs into Euros. i'm really really mad!!!

it's a Frickin' university and all the people that lost their wallets were students. except me! what the hell. who is trying to steal money from students???

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    my boss knows about it. i don't know if he can do anything about it though. our labs and offices are accessible to nearly every student. although the semester is over and we are kinda far away from places were people hang out. you usually see and hear if someone is walking through our place. at least i do... it must have been someone that is working there. (we're only 5-10 people!)

• it happens a lot. In NY people just come in to office buildings and walk around looking for empty offices and take things from people's coats hanging on the backs of doors, or purses on the desk. If they get stopped they just say "oh I was looking for so-and-so." It happened where I work a couple of times, and the firm has paid the poeple back the money they have lost (maybe $50 - $100). It depends on your employer.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Man, I can't imagine how pissed you are right now. Someone took my travel mug a couple of weeks ago and I was absolutely livid. Sorry holmes.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i just remembered that my wallet was new too! best wallet i ever had! FRICKIN FUCK!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    i got pickpocketetet once. it didnt take long before me and some mates got the f*cker in an alley and beat the livin shit out of him.
    it made me feel a lil bit beter. but it didnt make up for the lost in the end.

j*n if need a posse just say so.