I love ROCKERS and think it should be a videogame

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
The other day The Upsetters' "Clint Eastwood" was on the stereo and my girl remarked that it sounded like videogame music. Then we came up with the idea for the Rockers videogame, based on the roots reggae film classic of course. It would be totally tight and would go a little something like this (SPOILERS):Level 1: Do some jobs to earn money for your skateLevel 2: A driving level where you take your new skate around town to deliver 45sLevel 3: A musical level where you try out for the hotel bandLevel 4: Your skate gets theifed at the party and you gotta chase the mafia works to get it backLevel 5: Sneak into the mafia works HQ and steal your skate back, all sneaking around and beating up guards and shitand so on... You get the picutre. Pretty fresh huh? Add or tweak levels or gameplay elements at your leisure.

Comments

• I'd play it.

• Being Jon Malchovich would be a fun game.

• Speaking of "Rockers", I watched "The Land of Look Behind" yesterday. Doc from 1981 that is sort of about Bob Marley's funeral but mostly just a photo-journal of two months from that time period around Jamaica. It wasn't what I thought it would be but it was interesting and beautiful nonetheless. If you have interest in reggae or Rasta culture, you should check it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The other day The Upsetters' "Clint Eastwood" was on the stereo and my girl remarked that it sounded like videogame music. Then we came up with the idea for the Rockers videogame, based on the roots reggae film classic of course. It would be totally tight and would go a little something like this (SPOILERS):

Level 1: Do some jobs to earn money for your skate
    Level 2: A driving level where you take your new skate around town to deliver 45s
    Level 3: A musical level where you try out for the hotel band
    Level 4: Your skate gets theifed at the party and you gotta chase the mafia works to get it back
    Level 5: Sneak into the mafia works HQ and steal your skate back, all sneaking around and beating up guards and shit

and so on... You get the picutre. Pretty fresh huh?

Add or tweak levels or gameplay elements at your leisure.

Level 4.5: (played as Durty Harry) grapplin with the disco dj, removing him from the booth and get on some beatmania/ddr/rockband djing shit...

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    There should also be a level at a Soundclash and you're in charge of one Soundsystem and you have beat the other crew.

Maybe another level where you track down an artist or something to get some VIP acetate to win the soundclash.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    to restore his health he has to hit the chalice.

• and if you get beat down, you gotta run to the hills to power up with ital stew

• and two bonus levels (as Gregory Isaacs) breaking into cars and cracking safes...and maybe one with Robbie Shakespeare fixing up an old truck.

• The Grand Theft Auto platform with a mid seventies Jamaica setting would truly be off the hook. I think the movie Rockers would make a good theme for a pinball machine too.

• They did a pretty good job with turning the Warriors into a video game. The only problem I can foresee is not enough people being up on this great flick to warrant a video game re-creation. Still, I'd be stoked to be able to play something this dope!

Just the thought of controlling Horsemouth's drumming would be

• roneazyroneazy 111 Posts
    The other day The Upsetters' "Clint Eastwood" was on the stereo and my girl remarked that it sounded like videogame music. Then we came up with the idea for the Rockers videogame, based on the roots reggae film classic of course. It would be totally tight and would go a little something like this (SPOILERS):

Level 1: Do some jobs to earn money for your skate
    Level 2: A driving level where you take your new skate around town to deliver 45s
    Level 3: A musical level where you try out for the hotel band
    Level 4: Your skate gets theifed at the party and you gotta chase the mafia works to get it back
    Level 5: Sneak into the mafia works HQ and steal your skate back, all sneaking around and beating up guards and shit

and so on... You get the picutre. Pretty fresh huh?

Add or tweak levels or gameplay elements at your leisure.

best idea i've heard in a LONG time... Rockers is such a great film.. check out Babylon too... that could be the sequel!

RON