JONATHAN GOLD [LA RELATED]

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
my beach dudes. usually the LA Weekly is just one great giant advertisement for real estate, boob jobs, and restaurants. but the dude jonathan gold done hooked it up with the 99 essential restaurants guide to LA. and i must say dude is on point. from the manny fany frou frou joints to the tamale carts. this motherfucker is thorough. my hebrew brethren. i TOLD you lengers is the shit! guelaquetza has that oaxacan mole on lock. plus there's a mariachi band every night. right in my neighborhood!macarthur park tamale carts are the truth. plus you can hook up a ID for the mack and shit. but really, the food carts are serious around these parts. marouch. marco, you gotta try that shit when you get here. personally i like the quail, but they got mad vegan bows thodeded for days.and, of course, homeboy signifies the zankou.i trust this dudes taste...http://www.laweekly.com/ink/05/32/restguide-list.php

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    which reminds me. i spotted a hipster taco truck on sunset near logan. it was orange and looked more like one of them PG&E trucks with hipster white kids cooking up quesadillas and shit on a electric gridle. echo park is reaching silverlakian proportions.

• yes, lAngers is indeed the shit, and zankou (cant touch open sesame tawook in the lbc tho') is the bomb diggidy, but those are low hanging fruit. most of dudes other picks are pretty weak if you ask me. i didn't see a single ethiopian or indian joint on there and anyone who leaves off chanos and maestros has missed the very worst (in a good way) and best of la. made me realize how spoiled we are here tho, and why i am getting fatter all the time.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    which reminds me. i spotted a hipster taco truck on sunset near logan. it was orange and looked more like one of them PG&E trucks with hipster white kids cooking up quesadillas and shit on a electric gridle. echo park is reaching silverlakian proportions.

I bet they've got 'experimental' things too such as tofu quesadilla with a side of brown rice and tabouleh. Plaese to stop the madness.

meals by genet, broham. fany ethiopian right there on fairfax. ive never tried it though as the menu seems a bit pricey and, er, dare i say "californian". i dont know though. asprin, care to weigh in?

but really, dude will get down and dirty and then polish up and crease the chonis. cant front on that. plus i cant recommend enough the food carts around macarthur park.

he also mentioned a peruvian fast food joint in my neighborhood. cant remember the name, but i do remember the taste. mmm...mmm...good.

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    yes, lAngers is indeed the shit, and zankou (cant touch open sesame tawook in the lbc tho') is the bomb diggidy, but those are low hanging fruit. most of dudes other picks are pretty weak if you ask me. i didn't see a single ethiopian or indian joint on there and anyone who leaves off chanos and maestros has missed the very worst (in a good way) and best of la. made me realize how spoiled we are here tho, and why i am getting fatter all the time.

i'd leave chanos off any resturant list in la ever...

well except for the list of resturants that made me feel like puking an hour or less after i ate there.

then again i wasnt drinking back then...but id still pass on chanos now and head straight to chabolita's

i know not what you speak of, but i will say that el tepeyac in boyle heights got me hooked on machaca. yes delicioso

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    i know not what you speak of, but i will say that el tepeyac in boyle heights got me hooked on machaca. yes delicioso

oh shit....

i've heard about that spot from a few peeps, one drunk mexican dude drew me a map once, but i still havent been. heard they were slim on the vegetarian options though. but id still like to see what they've got.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    mad vegan bows thodeded

I love Vietnamese food!

hellz yes. we got a lot of "projects" we gotta work on. dude, i wasnt looking for veggie options, but im sure they can accomodate. my old man took me there back in the day and we shared a "manuel" burrito [i think that's what it's called]. he told me in his college days, if you finished it you'd get it for free. he finished one once and then threw up. them burritos are large and in charge.

my old man took me there back in the day and we shared a "manuel" burrito

Massive crosscountry AYOx3

my old man took me there back in the day and we shared a "manuel" burrito

Massive crosscountry AYOx3

nasty, dude. that's my dad youre talking about.

fiddle-dee. when you get here, my slender vegan cupcake, it'll be exponential AYOs to the kingmoist power.

nasty, dude. that's my dad youre talking about.

Oh I thought you were talking about your "old man," crackwhore slang version.

fiddle-dee. when you get here, my slender vegan cupcake, it'll be exponential AYOs to the kingmoist power.

I'll be there with a Common CD in one hand and an imported ethnic punjabi throwrug in the other.

• yes, lAngers is indeed the shit, and zankou (cant touch open sesame tawook in the lbc tho') is the bomb diggidy, but those are low hanging fruit. most of dudes other picks are pretty weak if you ask me. i didn't see a single ethiopian or indian joint on there and anyone who leaves off chanos and maestros has missed the very worst (in a good way) and best of la. made me realize how spoiled we are here tho, and why i am getting fatter all the time.

i'd leave chanos off any resturant list in la ever...

well except for the list of resturants that made me feel like puking an hour or less after i ate there.

then again i wasnt drinking back then...but id still pass on chanos now and head straight to chabolita's

dont front on chanos dude. you know your just mad cuz the lengua was the most tonsil hockey you'd played in a minute for real tho, it aint no lucys.

my holmesdude ugly #2 just emailed this unflinching piece of journalism to me.

this my shit!