LIL' WEEZEY ARRESTED AGAIN!!!!!!

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Damn Weezey, arrested on three felony drug charges? That does not sound good. NUMBER ONE RULE OF TOURING: NEVER KEEP DRUGS ON THE BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!From CNN.COM:Rapper Lil Wayne Arrested In YumaPOSTED: 11:12 am MST January 23, 2008UPDATED: 1:48 pm MST January 23, 2008PHOENIX -- Rapper Lil Wayne was arrested on three felony drug charges early Wednesday after federal agents said they found illegal drugs including cocaine on his charter bus at a checkpoint in southwestern Arizona.Lil Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., was being held at the Yuma County Sheriff's jail on state drug charges, Capt. Eben Bratcher said.Carter appeared via video arraignment late Wednesday morning in a justice court in Wellton, 35 miles east of Yuma.James Tilson, a local attorney retained by Carter, said his client was not formally charged and his next court date was scheduled for Jan. 25"We will find out by Jan. 25 whether or not the (Yuma) county attorney will file charges or not," Tilson said. "He is looking forward to his day in court. That's all I can say right now."His bond was set at $10,185. Tilson said they were working on his release.The 25-year-old faces charges of possession of dangerous drugs, narcotics and drug paraphernalia.Bratcher said Carter's bus was stopped at about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday at a Border Patrol checkpoint near Dateland, Ariz., 78 miles east of Yuma.Drug Enforcement Administration spokeswoman Ramona Sanchez said a Border Patrol canine unit alerted agents to the presence of illegal drugs on the bus. A search yielded nearly four ounces of marijuana, just over an ounce of cocaine, 41 grams of Ecstacy and miscellaneous drug paraphernalia and DEA agents then arrested Carter.Officials also found a .40-caliber pistol registered to Carter, who has a concealed weapons permit in Florida. Authorities are looking into whether he violated any weapons laws in Arizona.Carter, who was traveling with 11 others, was heading east, likely coming from California.Two other men were arrested with him, Bratcher said. They each face a charge of possession of marijuana.In October, Carter and several other rappers were named in a federal lawsuit filed by music publishing companies, accusing them of sampling other artists' songs without paying licensing fees.Rapper Birdman and Lil Wayne won a viewers' choice award for their song "Stuntin' Like My Daddy" at Black Entertainment Television's 2007 Hip-Hop Awards.

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    four ounces of marijuana, just over an ounce of cocaine, 41 grams of Ecstacy and miscellaneous drug paraphernalia
    damn! they were gettin it crackin for sure

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Good police work!

• Sounds like that dude has some drug issues, taking the Amy Weinhouse route. Sad thing is that Lil Wayne should get about 5-10 years just for the cocaine charge alone and he most likely will walk away with some probation.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Sad thing is that Lil Wayne should get about 5-10 years just for the cocaine charge alone and he most likely will walk away with some probation.

Yes, tragic to think that an artistically gifted young Black man may somehow be able to avoid the absurdly unjust effects of our country's drug prohibitions. I cry a little tear and hum "I Feel Like Dying" to myself as I think about it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Sounds like that dude has some drug issues, taking the Amy Weinhouse route. Sad thing is that Lil Wayne should get about 5-10 years just for the cocaine charge alone and he most likely will walk away with some probation.

Why sad? Because you can buy your freedom with a good lawyer in our legal system?

Or sad because our drug laws are just and he should rot in prison for 10 years for having some yay?

If it's the former than yeah I agree. But our drug laws in the US are so outdated it's unbelievable.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Yes, tragic to think that an artistically gifted young Black man may somehow be able to avoid the absurdly unjust effects of our country's drug prohibitions.

I read that 4 times and still can't grasp your inner feelings (no roy porter) on this matter. Can you dumb it down a bit?

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    Sad thing is that Lil Wayne should get about 5-10 years just for the cocaine charge alone and he most likely will walk away with some probation.

Yes, tragic to think that an artistically gifted young Black man may somehow be able to avoid the absurdly unjust effects of our country's drug prohibitions. I cry a little tear and hum "I Feel Like Dying" to myself as I think about it.

The irony of your avatar being Levy is killing me.

• 41 grams of Ecstacy

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    four ounces of marijuana, just over an ounce of cocaine, 41 grams of Ecstacy and miscellaneous drug paraphernalia

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Yes, tragic to think that an artistically gifted young Black man may somehow be able to avoid the absurdly unjust effects of our country's drug prohibitions.

I read that 4 times and still can't grasp your inner feelings (no roy porter) on this matter. Can you dumb it down a bit?

The penalty for having an ounce of coke is too high???

Hey, at least it wasn't crack.

• kalakala 3,359 Posts
    Good police work!

not really

it was random luck in a road block

btw
    i have concluded that redundo is prehaps a bigger KKKUNT than janice dickinson
    who is quite possibly the foulest botox tranny/woman with a dick on earth
    good job rey!!!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Good police work!

not really

btw
    i have concluded that redundo is prehaps a bigger KKKUNT than janice dickinson
    good job rey!!!
    Hey, I have praise for any law enforcement unit who can successfully carry out their job of protecting upstanding citizens from roving busloads of armed, dangerous, drug-abusing criminals.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Good police work!

not really

btw
    i have concluded that redundo[/b] is prehaps a bigger KKKUNT than janice dickinson
    good job rey!!!
    Hey, I have praise for any law enforcement unit who can successfully carry out their job of protecting upstanding citizens from roving busloads of armed, dangerous, drug-abusing criminals.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    roving busloads of armed, dangerous, drug-abusing criminals.

hahahaha!

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    your post is brian-esque!!!

• FYBSFYBS 271 Posts
    roving busloads of armed, dangerous, drug-abusing criminals.

I'm pretty sure my dad has used this to describe my friends and I back in high school.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Reynaldo is being sarcastic folks.....