Discogs.com?

MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Just signed up at discogs.com to make a purchase after using it just to search for new releases in the past. After signing up I found out that you can add records to "Your Collection" and then download an Excel sheet with all of the records that you've tagged. Same works for a "Wantlist" feature they have.So is anyone here using Discogs to keep a catalog of your records?I'm only adding new vinyl I've bought in the last year but so far it's been pretty solid. Has about 90-95% of the stuff I have listed on the site.What do peeps here think of Discogs?

Comments

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    discogs is solid if you are looking for records, pressings and labels and things like that, especially for modern dance music.
    It??s a pain in the ass when it comes to contributions to their database though.

• yeah, your best bet is to transcribe most of the liner notes and scan every surface possible
    otherwise you just aren't providing enough info

rateyourmusic is a more user-friendly alternative, more visually oriented too -- your collection is displayed as covers instead of a large text table

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I reckon if you get enough peoples on it it'll be great.