Popsike is Charging! The end is near!

2»

Comments

• So let me get this straight, it's OK to rag on popsike for being misleading or incomplete, but simultaneously sit on it all day, crashing the servers, using it to justify value and guide record shop pilfering, and then the moment they ask you to pay $2.50 a month everyone starts bellyaching?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I personally feel like I shouldn't have to pay because I'm providing them with content

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I'm still not being asked to pay, but just like posting in the classifieds on this site, I have no issue doing so if they ask me.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Yeah, I'm not either... which leads me to believe you complainers must be spending hours a day on there.

• as you can imagine I use the site many times a day.

I wasn't asked to pay for several days after this thread was poasted, but they hit me with the heee a couple days ago. POPSIKE WILL MAKE YOU PAY

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    Yeah, I'm not either... which leads me to believe you complainers must be spending hours a day on there.

they haven't even asked me to register dogg

guess I need to get my 'searches per day' weight up

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    The dynamic that makes Popsike what it is, is that buyers use it to see if they are getting a decent deal........

If only sellers pay for access to it, they will destroy this dynamic.

Im w/ that philosophy, I thought it was great in antithesis to those fixed price ebay stores inflating the consumption of anything collectible.

I think the bigger it got the more misleading it became for both sellers and buyers all around, I've been satisfied with web searches to estimate potential value beyond completed listings on ebay and don't mind living without the popsike carrot in front of my nose while an auction is on.