winning an ebay auction and possible problems...?

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
i have never had a problem with a seller on eBayand i have purchased alot of stuffand now i win an auction through a buy it now and it has been 2 days and i still havent received any heads up from the selleri sent him the money through Paypal and his feedback is excellenti am just wondering since some people have more experience than meare some ebay sellers just not into replying to mail? aren't you supposed to establish contact with them?are they so bogged down with email that they just send it out without talking?i dont know how long it is supposed to take etc....i normally wouldnt care but this is a record i have been looking for for yearsthanks guys

Comments

• Lots of folks are away for the holidays and stuff. Give him a few days, he should get back to you.

• I only contact them if they request it. Maybe I should do a complimentary thing, but I ship so fast that by the time they think about it, the package is already at their door.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I almost never hear from sellers, just get my item
    and that's it - even if I e-mail them I often don't
    hear back unless I press the issue. After 2 days I
    really wouldn't be sweating anything.

• It's the norm! Sellers don't really contact buyers and tell them "hey I'm mailing your stuff soon". It's more like you know the usual. Media mail maybe 2 weeks. Priority maybe 2 days. I'll admit as a seller I rarely contact the buyer after transaction unless they acting like granna and are slow with the payment.

• It's usually boring doing messages for confirming that you sent the packages, especially when you sold hundreds of records. But for my case I always reply to people when they send me an email. Anyway you're covered by the paypal insurance..

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I sometimes send an e-mail if the buyer seems like they need that extra level of attention. My question is: do buyers ever check the shipping status of their items using ebay's system? I always mark my items sent ASAP after sending- which, to my mind makes an e-mail redundant- yet am always getting "did you send it yet?" e-mails after doing so.