Natasha Bedingfield's income the past 2-3 years?

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited December 2007 in Strut Central
Does anyone know where to look or how to find out how much Natasha Bedingfield has made off of royalties from that "Unwritten" song? It's everywhere. The Hills, shampoo commercials, and even heavy radio play even though it's about 3 years old. She must be caking off of it big time. Everytime I hear it I am curious if she's swimming in change a la scrooge mcduck.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Does anyone know where to look or how to find out how much Natasha Bedingfield has made off of royalties from that "Unwritten" song? It's everywhere. The Hills, shampoo commercials, and even heavy radio play even though it's about 3 years old. She must be caking off of it big time. Everytime I hear it I am curious if she's swimming in change a la scrooge mcduck.

The better question: who owns her publishing?

• all I found so far was that she is donating 20% of income from that song to breast cancer.

I think she kind of came up as an underdog, so she may not have that bad of a publishing deal. I believe she is the writer of it too, so she's probably caking regardless.

• i know she is caking more than her brother

• i know she is caking more than her brother

on semi related note has anyone seen daniel beddingfields beat boxing?

• girl iz paid. . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unwritten_(song)

peace, stein. . .

• one more interesting thing. "unwritten" was produced by 80's child actress danielle brisbois from all in the family/archie bunkers place fame.
    peace, stein. . .

oh yeah. . . danielle brisbois is also the girl heard singing the lead vocal on jay-z's "hard knock life"

• haha...whoa..from annie musical! give the girl her credit!!! i heard she was biggie's ghostwriter too

"unwritten" is a classic.

• cant stand the woman. the whole white pop thing with a hint of urban swagger makes me Frickin' cringe....well, with her at least.

• the teens i work with put me up on it. even the most lil wayne among them sings along. get in touch with your blonde feminine side, you bitch

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    This thread got me curious - went on itunes and previewed the song...

THIS Frickin' SONG! OH GOD NO. my girlfriend used to play it constantly. I loath this kind of music. Its got all the worst qualities of drop-dead-sell-out pop, but with some sort of pretentious indie attitude i cant quite place my finger on. Jesus christ, no. Its like the music Fergie would make if she lived in venice beach, drank coffee at some silverlake cafe plastered with bluenote posters, and hung out in vintage bookstores.

That being said; get that yaper, NB.

• Does anyone know where to look or how to find out how much Natasha Bedingfield has made off of royalties from that "Unwritten" song? It's everywhere. The Hills, shampoo commercials, and even heavy radio play even though it's about 3 years old. She must be caking off of it big time. Everytime I hear it I am curious if she's swimming in change a la scrooge mcduck.

The better question: who owns her publishing?

According to ASCAP:
    SONIC GRAFFITI
    % EMI APRIL MUSIC INC
    C/O EMI MUSIC PUBLISHING
    75 NINTH AVENUE, 4TH FLOOR
    NEW YORK , NY, 10011
    Tel. (212) 492-1200

I prefer "These Words" over "Unwritten", but "Unwritten" has become big bank for her. Sometimes I feel sorry for her butterbean brother, but than again, he could have been a chipmunk if they increased the speed of his voice any more in that one song.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    This thread got me curious - went on itunes and previewed the song...

Me too, like everyone else, Ive heard this song everywhere for the last 18 months. Also, every time I hear it, I always think of this beat.