Soulstrut CD Trade Jumpoff - The Real Deal

ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Ok, seems people are into it, so here we go:please PM me the following:NameAddressEmail address Soulstrut UsernameI'll give it about 20 to 30 days for everyone whos interested to get that information to me, then we'll say about another 20 - 30 days to have the mixes in the mail. I set the days so far out because everyone has other things to do in their life...maybe. so:Deadline to enter the trade: July 31st.Deadline to mail CD: August 31st. Criteria for CD:Please do not send requests for a specific type of music, it will NOT be honored. You'll get paired up with someone, and I will not know what anyone's specific taste is but given everyone here it'll be good.Try to fill up the CD, lets have a solid 45 to 60 minutes of music. Mix it if you have the time and skill, if not dont sweat it.Tracklist is required.Cover art is not required, but you are representing yourself.

Comments

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    less than 3 hours and we got 5 in....nice.

• did you get mine? my computer glitched when i went to send it.

didnt get it, send again please....got six more since last post...

i'll post tomorrow who i have recieved so far.

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    Yo I think we should make it happen sooner. Heads are on SoulStrut everyday. Make it like the 20th of July. I am very anxious to see this done. I don't know. I think most people have some time to send you an address.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    please let me know if you got my PM

ciao
    strider

so far we have:

Strider79it

mcdee

awall

motown67

Guzzo

anasarcasm

Artifactor

kidinquisitive

lucero

kenny

cas

ovulationist

noixe

drewn

AlienIVERSON

asprin

Lazer

BATMON

just added 2:34 PM July 4:

ryan

sir_ill

mim

Sooks

Tabasko

I just may close the entry's early as suggested on an earlier thread, maybe around the 20th.

so far we have:

Strider79it

mcdee

awall

motown67

Guzzo

anasarcasm

Artifactor

kidinquisitive

lucero

kenny

cas

ovulationist

noixe

drewn

AlienIVERSON

asprin

Lazer

BATMON

just added 2:34 PM July 4:

ryan

sir_ill

mim

Sooks

Tabasko

just added 12:30 July 5:

urrrs

Vagabond

lambert

Supergood

the_hook_up

prof_rockwell

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    just signed up.

even though there arent requests, should we be sticking to a genre/era with our mixes, or can it jump all over the place? and can it be homemade shiz? or strictly songs?

• just signed up.

even though there arent requests, should we be sticking to a genre/era with our mixes, or can it jump all over the place? and can it be homemade shiz? or strictly songs?

I think it should just be "songs your feeling" basically. Just a mix of YOUR jams.

just signed up.

I think it should just be "songs your feeling" basically. Just a mix of YOUR jams.

you got it. shit you are feeling....it should be a "personal" message of you and the shit you into right now.

if you want to show off your baller status, thats fine, but i think maybe sharing some shit thats good to you, and shit others might not know is a good starting point.

also, shit is STRAIGHT CONFIDENTIAL. All names and address I receive will be deleted as soon as the pair off is made. The only person who will get your address is the person you are trading with (other than myself).

latest in:

flatblackplastic
    docbeezy
    GLOOM
    el_sparko
    Socrates

I think we might give the cutoff for name entry until the 15th. lots of people in so far. I want to keep the deadline for trading until middle late august so people will have time to get that shit tight.

Here's the list as it stands right now:

Strider79it
    mcdee
    awall
    motown67
    Guzzo
    anasarcasm
    Artifactor
    kidinquisitive
    lucero
    kenny
    cas
    ovulationist
    noixe
    drewn
    AlienIVERSON
    asprin
    Lazer
    BATMON
    ryan
    sir_ill
    mim
    Sooks
    Tabasko
    flatblackplastic
    docbeezy
    GLOOM
    el_sparko
    Socrates
    djdaze
    autez
    shingaling
    Ark

List closing this Friday July 15th. Address will be distributed the following week.

alright last day. pm me if you are interested in getting in, am going to compile and distribute the addresses this weekend.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    never got mines

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    i didn't get one either. i sent out a mix, but a couple weeks past the due date. as far as i remember everyone was matched up with different people so i have no idea who was supposed to send me a mix.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I sent mine out extremely late and never recieved one

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i sent mine out but am not sure if my partner got it???

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I lunched on doing mine because I started my job.

then I had to make a demo tape.

I figured the dude I was sending it to didn't want a bunch of club happy, uncreative blends...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I sent one out but never got one in return. Made all the more confusing because I thought the person I sent a CD to was suppose to send me one back, but they told me no, someone else was suppose to send me a CD.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I sent one out but never got one in return. Made all the more confusing because I thought the person I sent a CD to was suppose to send me one back, but they told me no, someone else was suppose to send me a CD.

That is how it works. I mean, I sent one to Guzzo, and Guzzo sent one to someone else.

By the way, That is a damn good cd. I think my wife likes it more than me though.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    I posted my Soulstrut CD Trade Mix (compilation) on the web so others could get a copy if they wanted. Here is the link.

http://209.163.159.9/billsbuttersvol4.mp3

• I sent one, not sure if it arrived or anything though, i haven't received one in the mail myself...