Abs

jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Can anyone recommend the best way to get six pack abs? I have been doing kickboxing for 3 1/2 months and have just started to do crunches. I am pretty lean but my stomach is still a bit flabby. Anyway I watched this infomercial about this product called "6 Second Abs". I'm considering getting it, but no sure if I should.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    fuck that. heres what you do...

find a staircase or some other area in which you can hold your legs up at a 90 degree angle

lay down and place your legs up on the object (so that its like your in a sitting position but on your back)

do 3 sets of 20 crunches with your hands behind your head. when you go up lean to the left then the right so that way you are getting 10 concentrated crunches for both sides. after each set remailn in position cont off 30 seconds and begin the next set.

After about aa week or so push the amount of crunches per set up about 10, or whatever you feel comfortable with

save the money you were goping to waste on that fancy piece of crap and send me some moder soul instead

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Seen!!!i wonder what those handcuffs are attached to.Please no more jpg answers.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    A six pack is relative to the amount of bodyfat you have. It has NOTHING to do with what type of excercises you do. Generally speaking you must get down to 10% bodyfat for your abs to start showing although it differs from person to person. Some people get abs at 12% bodyfat and some have to drop down to like 6%.

• The best and only way I know of to get abs is cardio and plenty of it. Run, play soccer, do bikram yoga, shaolin kung fu, etc. Basically, whatever work out you get into has to get you lean and at the same time, tone your midsection. Those machines and exercises in magazines will not help you achieve. they will only help you maintain what you have achieved.

Easy explanation. Results....not so easy. Discipline, hard training and lots of sweat will make it happen. Take it from someone who had to get abs the hard way. This is what worked for me.

One of the cool things about it is that while you're working this hard, you don't really have to curb your eating habits THAT much. Well, I guess that depends on your current regimen but as long as you're not abusing yourself with food and drink plenty of water, you'll be OK.

• wihlsunwihlsun 63 Posts
    all the above is true. try jumping rope, it will help tone your whole body, even helps your posture.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

jesus! can we ban this dude yet?

• Options
    Yeah man, what Iron and Arcadian said is right. Don't spot-train, you gotta burn that flab down before those abs shine through. You can do situps forever but if you're not burning the calories off your abs just won't show up. Run Forrest Run.