After Hours - The Sith Eleptikal Gems Part 1 2

JuliusJulius 143 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
After Hours "The Sith Eleptikal Gems Part 1 & 2"Those two mixes originally released on mixtapes in 2001 deserves their names!Antwerp(BE) based crate diggers and producers After Hours did an incredible work on those ones.Ame and DVL gathered the finest funk, jazz, library and breaks, injected movie dialogs and invited Belgium's #1 DJ, Grazzhoppa, to add some of his freshest cuts.Those tapes were released on a limited serie back in the days and now they are available online for the first time, totally re-mastered.In fact volume one has been partially available on soulstrut a few years ago and that's how i discover this incredible source of knowledge that is the strut.Hope you'll enjoy and sorry for not posting this in the announcement section but i think the after hours crew deserves a bit of shine ...

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Damn, thanks man! I slept on this when it first dropped, so this is much appreciated.

• I live in Belgium and grew up with these tapes!!
    Motivationwise, afterhours helped my modest digging career out a lot.. Still to this day I discover things I've known for years from listening to these tapes, but didn't know who or what it was..
    So props indeed to afterhours!!

• I've got the part two cassette - dude from that crew used to post here years ago (forget his name though).

I'm not sure if paypal was up and running in those days, but as international transfers were a bit of hassle I swapped him a copy of the Bamboo's Eel oil 45 which is now worth some dough for the cassette .. so it goes

Those guys dropped a breaks record a couple of years later too if I remember right.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Major props !! Back in the early noughties these tapes were legendary.

Dude bought a house from selling beats.
    Respek.

• i like these a lot. glad to have em back in my life! thanks

• JuliusJulius 143 Posts

Those guys dropped a breaks record a couple of years later too if I remember right.

They dropped five records if i'm right ...

• Thanks for posting these- they're great.

• JuliusJulius 143 Posts

Following the great feedback we had with the Sith Eleptikal mixtapes, here is After Hours - Volume 6

• Ame is that dude!

Dress

• JuliusJulius 143 Posts

After Hours "Collected, Inspected and Injected #4"

Another killer tape from the After Hours crew.
    Hope you'll enjoy it as much as those that were previously available.
    Thanks to DVL for sending it to us.

• ericeric 155 Posts

for those who speak dutch.
    AME interview on kicksnare.be

• Thanks for this.

Late pass: anyone mind re-upping the top two from this post?

• JuliusJulius 143 Posts
    Gene,

Both "Sith Eleptikal" mixtapes are still available.