Post a song you found travelling

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Been meaning to post this up for a minute...Both these songs were previously unknown to meBoth are from local acts and are from the hiphop variety...Both have become semi-sndtrk material for me as they were both discovered at the beginning of my trips and filled that coolout gap for moments whenone is alone/zoning out...1-SketchKrime : Chinese hiphop producerI was travelling with school on some exchange type study in Chia...the whole trip was incredible but a lot of long busrides...my friend bought this guy's CD thining it was a punk record and gave it to me because he did not like hiphop I look at the cover and think..oohhh cantonese rap... but look at the back
feat Dilated Peoples, Common Remix, Jay-Z Rmx
so i pop it in the old discman what a surpriseA good chunk of nice instrumental hiphop with cool linernotes to boot...Here is one of the breezier tracks (sampling some japanese guiarist) that was on repeat for quite some timeNeedless to say my bus riding experience was enhanced and I would have NEVER in my life discovere this otherwiseThe next song is the opening cut to a Brazilian rap mix my friend made..the guy is fairly more known then the chinese dude since he was a big hiphop act in brasil and tragically died youngChico Science I am sure howeveri would not have checked for his stuff if my ma Leo had not put this in the decks on my irst night here in BrazilHe lights up a spliff and plays this I ve been listening to this track for a while now ...late nights at the office relatedPost some more discoveries and stories