Gospel check: Soul Refreshment

m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I can't seem to find any info on this:My shitty camera can't get close enough to show it , but the label credits it to the M. L. King, Jr. Ensemble Movement and the label is MGA Records. Worth something or run-of-the-mill? Dope cover, anyways???

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Yeah I would definitely pull that one if I ever saw it, thats a nice cover no doubt!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    How's the MUSIC?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    How's the MUSIC?

Are there any breaks???

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    that cover makes me thirsty.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    This is the kinda covers I wanna see in dem crates when im diggididiggin'......!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Dude is it good???

I mean, if you can't find info chances are the info's not up to snuff yet. Gospel has thousands of tiny presses and unknowns.

Your ears should be able to tell you whether it's "Worth something" or "run-of-the-mill".

I hate these questions

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    How's the MUSIC?

Hmmm, don't get me wrong. I remember the recent gospel threads. I wasn't trying to downplay the content, even though it might sound like it. It's a nice record, the singing just isn't that strong all the way through. I've had it for years, and I'm thinking of parting with it. I'm moving location soon, so I have to let go of a few things.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    How's the MUSIC?

Hmmm, don't get me wrong. I remember the recent gospel threads. I wasn't trying to downplay the content, even though it might sound like it. It's a nice record, the singing just isn't that strong all the way through. I've had it for years, and I'm thinking of parting with it. I'm moving location soon, so I have to let go of a few things.

Gospel value chart:
    50's accapello male quartet $$$$$$$$$$
    50's male quartet $$$$$
    50's female quartet $$$
    50's male solo
    50s female solo $
    50s choir

60s gospel/soul group $$$
    60s gospel/soul group with breaks $$$$
    60s choir

70s gospel/soul group $$
    70s gospel/soul group with breaks $$$