SOULSTRUT APPROVED LOS ANGELES EVENT - FRIDAY!!

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
** EXTRA CHEE$E BIO **On a recent tour of Australia -after drinkin' one too many mojitos- the "EXTRA CHEE$E" name was thrown around and the concept was set in place... To get muthafuckaz out their seat and party to every genre of music except reggaeton or current hip-hop. Classics *AND* slept on tracks from the 70s, 80s, 90s.J-Zone isn't a new name to listeners of hip-hop. With 9 releases on his Old Maid Ent. label, he has also collaborated with a who's who of the hip-hop world. Since 1999 fans have recognized Zone for his beats, raps, crazy stage show and off the wall humor, now it's time to witness his track selection and DJ skills! His now out of print Ign'ant Mix CD series from 2003-04 are now in demand and his new monthly Gator$-N-Fur$ mix show are garnering buzz and critical acclaim via his podcast and on various sites and blogs.DJ Sheep is a 3 x Australian State DMC Champion and respected worldwide in the record diggin' community, no slow mixes and fancy bullshit here, just straight up party rockin' and track selections that will funk your head up... Expect special gems from his worldwide diggin' adventures thrown in the mix, a must for any record nerd. His DJ crew, Terntable Jediz are the most respected group of turntablists in Australia, Established in 1998 and certified with their 2004 release "All Out War" album which featured beats and raps from Celph Titled, beats from Jon Doe, and a line-up of Australia's best rap talent.Individually, they have rocked the DJ booth for and with names like DJ Premier, Prince Paul, Rob Swift, MC Serch, Greg Nice, Supernatural, Q-Bert, Big Daddy Kane, The RZA, Jazzy Jay, A-Trak, DJ Craze, Jazzy Jeff, DJ Revolution and many more!"No reggaeton or current jiggy hits" is Extra Chee$e's slogan, so it's safe to expect disco, funk, soul, miami bass, gangsta rap, and a variety of genres and vibes to keep you captivated! Fans of J-Zone and pretty girls get ready to party, you will not want to miss this show when it rolls around your city!DJ EXPO (LOS ANGELES, CA)For the US Tour, J-Zone and DJ Sheep will be accompanied by DJ Expo from Los Angeles who's been a DJ since the age of 13. After being taken under the wing of the late DJ Dusk in 2005, Expo has held it down as a resident at the World Famous RootDown party in Los Angeles which has been going strong for 10 years. He has performed alongside; Kool Herc, Afrika Bambaataa, Jazzy Jay, Z-Trip, Cut Chemist, The Breakestra, People Under The Stairs, Poor Righteous Teachers, The Beat Junkies and countless others. As a strong-arm beat digger, Expo incorporates a diverse mix of musical genres into his sets including hip-hop, funk, soul, reggae, latin, rock, jazz, and afro-beat.http://www.myspace.com/jzoneoldmaidhttp://www.djsheep.comhttp://www.myspace.com/djsheephttp://www.myspace.com/xxxtracheeseP.S. - NO STANDING IN FRONT OF THE TURNTABLES WITH YOUR ARMS CROSSED.P.P.S. - NO REQUESTS!P.P.P.S. - IF YOU AIN'T SUCKIN', WE AIN'T FUCKIN' **RAJ, please top peace.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Ah shit - this is the same night as my gig at the Mandrake. Sorry bro, can't make it.

Grown n' sexy soul and Latin going down at the Mandrake though

• awesome dude! have fun.

and odub, stop messing with the turns at mandrake! theyre always unplugged and ungrounded when i show up on saturday.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Ah shit - this is the same night as my gig at the Mandrake. Sorry bro, can't make it.

Grown n' sexy soul and Latin going down at the Mandrake though

I'm in LA now at the hollywood hills, DJing tonight... and pretty much all around and the root down next week. LA heads please to holler...

b

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    awesome dude! have fun.

and odub, stop messing with the turns at mandrake! theyre always unplugged and ungrounded when i show up on saturday.

The last few gigs, we haven't messed with either. Seriously though, they need to replace them frickin' Gemini joints. So

• ha! yeah they do.

i switched them once and it was such a nightmare i decided to live with them gems.

anyways, have fun sheepy! theres plenty good to do in LA.

• I just did a gig with Expo on saturday. Cool dude, he gets it in.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    If I remember this shit on Friday, I will go out with my girl. Looks like fun!

b/w

I will take my Arena-s/t with me, to exchange it because it is a bootleg!!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I work late on Fridays but I'm going to try and make this work.

give your boy a call

• Is this an RSVP event? Put me down + at least 2.

b/w

hahah... Arena bootleg?? what you mean, that never was a bootleg....

b/w

hahah... Arena bootleg?? what you mean, that never was a bootleg....

Just Frickin' with you man. haha. Hope to see you soon.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    I work late on Fridays but I'm going to try and make this work.

give your boy a call

Well I'd prefer to hit the Rootdown if you wanted to swing by next Thursday instead.

• I'll be seeing you on Sunday.

BR>http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/3331/back700yu7.jpg" alt="" />

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Sheep.... Whattup man. I'll try to come by on Friday. You got anything else going on, when do you leave - hit me up....

Sheep.... Whattup man. I'll try to come by on Friday. You got anything else going on, when do you leave - hit me up....

Yo man, we're DJing tonight in Orange County.... check it out, holla for the guest list

www.myspace.com/xxxtracheese has all the dates, or www.djsheep.com

peace.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Sounds like fun. I'll roll through tonight.

Bevan and Ryan, good seeing yall yesterday!!! I'm so fuckin' disappointed that I didn't catch Sheep's set though! We had some major problems of locking our keys in the house, etcx2 when we headed out the door. I will try to make it out tonight....if time permits. peace.

Nice to meet you too Yuichi, a bit late notice but there's something tonight (Saturday)... After hours... I'll be staying up and then going to the record fair.... hope to meet ya'll...

AFTER-HOURS in DOWNTOWN LA
    TONIGHT 1am-6am
    21+ $7 before 2am $10 after
    located @ 2079 15th St (near 15th & Alameda)
    Los Angeles, CA 90021

Featuring DJ sets by:
    EXTRA CHEE$E (J-ZONE & DJ SHEEP)
    HIGHER | EXPO | BYZE ONE & MORE

$2 BEER SPECIALS
    FULL SERVICE BAR w/ RUM, WHISKEY, VODKA, BEER and MORE!!!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    It was nice to meet you again, Yuichi. Sheep's set was real nice: classic break tunes mixed in with 90s hip-hop and some 80s stuff thrown in for good measure. I split when the BB guys hit the stage since I was getting tired. I would've stopped to talk to you on the way back to the parking lot but you were conversing with someone and I didn't want to interrupt.