benefit for Lindsay Ess (Crohn's R / VCU Jazz R)

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Hope its ok to post this here.My girlfriend's former roommate is friends with Lindsay.If you decide to go to the concert, think about her, pray for her, make a donation, or even a comment on their website/blog or myspace... please let me know. Its appreciated.???A Concert for Lindsay???[/b]The Department of Music and the Department of Fashion Design and Merchandising at VCU will sponsor ???A Concert for Lindsay??? to raise funds to aid in covering Lindsay???s mounting medical and rehabilitation costs. She is an alumus of VCU. The concert will take place on Tuesday, October 23 at 8 p.m. in the W. E. Singleton Center for the Performing Arts, 922 Park Avenue. A reception preceding the concert will begin at 7 p.m., and will be provided by Three Monkeys. Tickets to the concert and reception may be purchased from the VCU Music Box Office at the following levels: $50 ??? VIP seating; $30 ??? general admission; and $15 ??? students. For more information please call 828-6776.The concert will showcase performances by musical friends of VCU Jazz Guitar professor, and Lindsay???s father, Mike Ess, including The American Saxophone Quartet; VCU Jazz Orchestra I; and other VCU faculty members.Lindsay, a former model, an excellent athlete and a wonderful young woman, graduated from VCU in May 2007 with a bachelor of arts degree in fashion merchandising. She was just hired to teach fashion marketing at the Maggie L. Walker Governor???s School in the City of Richmond this fall.Lindsay has struggled with Crohn???s disease, and in July underwent surgery to remove part of her intestines. She developed serious complications and was placed on several life support systems to help fight her infections. However, due to side effects, both hands and feet had to be amputated.Other donations may be made via PayPal and are tax-deductible and accepted on Lindsay???s behalf through Easter Seals of Virginia.[/b] Donations made by checks should be made payable to Lindsay Aronson Ess and sent to: Love of Lindsay, P.O. Box 15041, Richmond, VA 23227. Donations made through the mail are currently not tax-deductible but may be soon. For more information log onto www.loveoflindsay.com.Crohn???s Disease[/b]Crohn???s disease is a chronic (ongoing) disorder that causes inflammation of the digestive or gastrointestinal tract.Crohn???s disease is marked by an abnormal response by the body???s immune system. The immune system is composed of various cells and proteins which normally protect the body from infection. In people with Crohn???s disease, the immune system reacts inappropriately and launches an attack on the body. In the process, the body sends white blood cells into the lining of the intestines, where they produce chronic inflammation. These cells then generate harmful products that ultimately lead to ulcerations and bowel injury.It is estimated that as many as half a million Americans have Crohn???s disease and ulcerative colitis. It may occur in people of all ages, but it is primarily a disease of adolescents and young adults.Although considerable progress has been made in research, the cause is still unknown.-mord

Comments

• Bump.

Donation sent.

I have Crohn's Disease and the shit has been no fun.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Bump.

Donation sent.

I have Crohn's Disease and the shit has been no fun.
    word. appreciate the donation.

i had some of my intestines removed and had a short stint in ICU and it wasn't fun either.

• i had some of my intestines removed

GAME RECOGNIZE GAME.