the last song you played on repeat

Comments

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    Group Home - Be Like That

• sort of cheesy i guess, but the chord progression is nice and the second guitar solo is tasty...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/bachman_turner_overdrive/looking_out_for_number_one_crd.htm

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    "One Less Bell to Answer" by The 5h Dimension

I picked this 45 up on a whim a week or two ago (dollar find) and have fallen in love with this song. I usually listen to more "upbeat" music to keep my spirits up so I don't drop out of grad school, so this is a relatively somber selection for me. Please don't listen to it if you're going through a break-up, unless you want to induce catharsis. The lyrics are superbly written and although the song was originally intended for Keely Smith, Marilyn McCoo of T5thD sings it so beautifully. I like to sing along, though I'm def no match for Marilyn ; )

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    5-10 years ago i never would've thought that i'd listen to this type of song, but i absolutely love it right now.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    Snow - track "Secrets under the snow" Can't seem to embed the Div share player so link here:

DivShare File - Secrets under the snow.mp3

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Oh yeah, can't stop playing this Deadboy 12" with a sick remix of Cassie "Long Way To Go":

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    John Byrd's "I'll Be Your Everything." I prefer his version to Percy Sledge's, who had the hit.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah that Alicia song in murder. Word to Prince haha...

Last song I played on repeat was today. The album version of this... But then I discovered "this" and played this on repeat as well.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Haters - Drum Squad

U See We Poe - Three 6 Mafia/Fiend
    That's How it Happen To'm - Three 6 Mafia/Fiend
    (big Thank You to Faux for putting me on the Headbussaz record)

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Almond said:
    "One Less Bell to Answer" by The 5h Dimension

I picked this 45 up on a whim a week or two ago (dollar find) and have fallen in love with this song. I usually listen to more "upbeat" music to keep my spirits up so I don't drop out of grad school, so this is a relatively somber selection for me. Please don't listen to it if you're going through a break-up, unless you want to induce catharsis. The lyrics are superbly written and although the song was originally intended for Keely Smith, Marilyn McCoo of T5thD sings it so beautifully. I like to sing along, though I'm def no match for Marilyn ; )

Not a big Fifth Dimension fan, but I'll cop to this being one of the few songs by that group I like.

Almond is right - this song CAN get you down on the wrong day.

• This entire album that this one comes from called YOU & ME has become a new all-time fav.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Mos Def "Casa Bey"

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Exit 9 Straight UP!

• been playing this all morning to set it off right

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Okem said:
    POP ATTACK! Moy Pesante.

She also kills it live.

Fuck it. You can have the YachtSoul drum-less version as well.

Just had to drop in to underline how much I rate this song. It conjures up instant flashbacks to the days when I had Smash Hits posters on my walls and an overstated power ballad was something to be celebrated. On the side, I definitely hear something almost Roxette-esque in the production but not enough to damage my adoration.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yer, it's just a ridiculously well crafted pop song. It also has a little Price in there and, maybe by proxy, a little of The-Dream. I love the way the Moog buzzes subtly along on the background.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Yeah I like it more each time I hear it and it's not even driving me crazy despite being stuck in my head for days now without a break. One of those moments when all the influences come together perfectly. Pure shivers.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    m_dejean said:
    Oh yeah, can't stop playing this Deadboy 12" with a sick remix of Cassie "Long Way To Go":

Picked this up after Beatnik mentioned Deadboy's Drake remix. Keeps it simples.

• on the same level as the OG:

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Fog And Spice - Tim Weisberg

Breezin' - Sammy Gordon And The Hip Huggers

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    She - "Easy Money"

Folky, soulful, 80s disco shit with a rap breakdown in the middle--I'm at a loss trying to describe it. It's ridiculously dope.

That, and also the best d'n'b track of alltime (for me) embedded below. I believe it was released in 1997?

Kindly,
    parallax

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,098 Posts
    that alicia keys song rules.

but the video is pretty hilarious. i was on the floor when she brought that dog back to life!

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,098 Posts
    me said:
    the best d'n'b track of alltime (for today) below.

Mutant Jazz - T-Power/MK Ultra

(can't emebed, sorry)

• Edge of Daybreak "Eyes of Love"
    Scorpions 'Fly to the Rainbow"

bassie said:
    Haters - Drum Squad

That's How it Happen To'm - Three 6 Mafia/Fiend

Cripes. I'm back on these again. Repeatedly this morning on the way in.

Haters - Drum Squad

/ this is the power pack right here - go so well together.

• bobtheorange said:
    on the same level as the OG:

was on a "Be Thankful" marathon kick the other night. this Oliver Cheatham version was another that got the repeat-play treatment:

• noznoz 3,625 Posts