Furutech DFV-1 LP Flattener

dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Has anyone played with this? Furutech DFV-1 LP Flattener (company website) Blog posting It appears to be aimed at the home market but at $1500 it's still pretty pricey. I wonder how it compares to the more industrial units.

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Has anyone played with this?

Furutech DFV-1 LP Flattener (company website)
    Blog posting

It appears to be aimed at the home market but at $1500 it's still pretty pricey. I wonder how it compares to the more industrial units.

For $1500, that motherfucker better clean my records too and then self-shelve them in my Expedit.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Apparently Furutech is also the company that makes an LP demagnetizer which has led to considerable consternation in the comments at Boing Boing Gadgets. I'm not really in the market, so I don't know what other units cost, but I bet they're also pricey.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Of course, the cost of this piece of junk is such that the only people who would buy it would be "audiophiles" who are already so delusional that they will be completely unswayed by any troublesome laws of nature. They'll just run their shitty Boston SA-CDs through it and then gush about how much "brighter" and "warmer" the "soundstage" is.

To the extent that this pathetic behavior negates their ability to find a mate, the human race is evolutionarily better off, thanks to FuruTech.

• For $1500, that motherfucker better clean my records too and then self-shelve them in my Expedit.

Yeah, I would only consider buying it if it could de-warp sealed records.