FUCK A MINUTEMAN!

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7424693/Immigrant protests border volunteers??? actions[/b]Authorities deny civilian group held border crosser against his willTUCSON, Ariz.[/b] - Authorities determined Thursday that three volunteers involved in a civilian project to watch the border and report illegal crossers had an illegal immigrant pose for a flippant photograph but did not hold him against his will. The Mexican man had told sheriff???s deputies he was detained and forced to pose for a picture holding a T-shirt with a mocking slogan.[/b] A review of a 15-minute videotape provided by Bryan Barton, one of the three volunteers, showed the T-shirt the man was holding read: ???Bryan Barton caught an illegal alien and all I got was this lousy T-shirt.??? Barton was wearing an identical shirt. ???The county attorney???s office reviewed all available evidence, that indicates that there was no forcible detention, therefore the case is not substantiated, and no charges are pending,??? said Carol Capas, a spokeswoman for the Cochise County Sheriff???s Department. The sheriff???s department, Mexican Consul Miguel Escobar and the U.S. Border Patrol also agreed the 26-year-old man was not detained, said Capas and Border Patrol spokeswoman Andrea Zortman. The man, who was not identified, apparently did not initially tell a Border Patrol agent he had been detained, but did so when interviewed later by sheriff???s deputies, Capas said. The man alleged when he tried to get away, the volunteers ran in front of him and would not let him go by. The volunteers involved in Wednesday???s incident identified themselves as members of the Minuteman Project ??? a monthlong effort that has people from around the country spread out along a stretch of the Arizona-Mexico border to report undocumented migrants and smugglers. Law enforcement fearsLaw enforcement officials have said they fear the project will lead to vigilante violence. Mexico???s foreign relations department also pledged in the days leading up to the civilian operation to pursue all legal and diplomatic means to stop the volunteers and ensure they do not violate the rights of Mexican citizens. The volunteers may alert authorities when they see someone cross the border, but are not allowed to detain anyone. The immigrant who complained he was held illegally was later picked up by the Border Patrol, and remains in custody. Wednesday???s incident was the first reporting any possible detention, though volunteers earlier assisted an immigrant in distress. ???The Minuteman project has created a powder-keg situation with the potential to go beyond harassment and false imprisonment to real violence,??? said Eleanor Eisenberg, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona, which has legal observers keeping an eye on Minuteman volunteers. ?? 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts

WORD THE FUCK UP

If only these bitches knew what goes down coming over here. I've heard stories that would the average man.

I love how these fools like to get all high and mighty knowing full well they rely on the backbone of Mexican brothers and sisters.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Thanks for the link, Asprin.

This stood out to me:

???We absolutely do not support the Minutemen,??? said Border Patrol Supervisory Agent Jose Maheda. ???This causes a natural hindrance to us that disrupts our work. They keyword here is that we are going to try to go on with our work in spite of these people. Now we don???t only have illegal aliens to look out for, now we have to look out for these other untrained civilians running along the same roads. The worst-case scenario is at night we come upon one of their groups and we surprise them and they???re armed.???[/b]

I would not be surprised if one of these fools "accidentally" shoots a Border Patrol agent. Something like that will most definitely bring an end to these motherfuckers.

Herm

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
    Too many crazy cowboys out here. Gotta love the gun laws out here too..

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    Whew! I thought someone was dissing my boys!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    yall should go see "Day Without A Mexican"... not really that great of a flick.. but some funny worthwile parts. Hillrods can eat the Dingleberry.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    The worst-case scenario is at night we come upon one of their groups and we surprise them and they???re armed.??? ... [color:red] and most likely drunk as shit [/color]
    My friend Chris had family in from Ilinois who had heard about the Minuteman thing and wanted to know what all the fuss was about so they drove down there like last weekend to chcek it out. He said "I'd never seen a gunrack on a motorcycle before" and he alos siad most of those fools were already all ripped up by like 10 in the morning. The whole thing is just an excuse for racist rednecks to go play w/ there guns and drink beer.

• I'm waiting for one of these idiots to kill one of his pals by mistake.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Whew! I thought someone was dissing my boys!

well, THIS AIN'T NO PICNIC!